PDA

View Full Version : Spiral wall

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-07, 05:06 AM
Hi Reviteers

I get the spiral right but I have a problem with the connection of the segments.
Any idea how to do this better so I don't have this problem?

mfanucs
2006-04-07, 11:40 AM
Hey Mark

I've had a look at this since the user group yesterday afternoon, and still not too sure how to achieve it yet, but it would be quite brilliant if there was a modeling command that combined the Solid Sweep and Solid Blend commands. You could then draw the sweep path and draw the smaller shape at the start of the sweep and the larger shape at the end of the sweep and 'voila' you get a 'blended sweep'. I think Rhino used to have something like this, but that was a long time ago!

but that command doesn't seem to exist, so i can't really help you - maybe some of the formula magicians out there can create this.

good luck and let me know if you figure it out

Ciao
Marco

Mike Hardy-Brown
2006-04-08, 11:31 AM
There are a few ways, the easiest (credit to Phil Read), is to create a family (wall category), See attached...
at the joins I used the line override as you do get a wall join line even after joining geometry

Mark Vorstenbosch
2006-04-10, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the help Mike.

", but it would be quite brilliant if there was a modeling command that combined the Solid Sweep and Solid Blend commands. You could then draw the sweep path and draw the smaller shape at the start of the sweep and the larger shape at the end of the sweep and 'voila' you get a 'blended sweep'. "(Marco)

Scott D Davis
2006-04-10, 04:02 PM
and 'voila' you get a 'blended sweep'.
Thats what is often referred to as a "Loft".

Jos Arpink
2006-06-07, 11:49 PM
See attached...

Thanks for sharing that, Mike. I needed something just like this today. Until we get our 'loft' tool, this will work well enough for wall segments with a relatively small included angle.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-08, 12:49 AM
Thats what is often referred to as a "Loft".
Yeah, and why would ADSK spend $$$ to put that feature in Dead Cad and not in Revit? Do they know that the world is round?! Well sorta, kinda.....

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-08, 01:16 AM
Yeah, and why would ADSK spend $$$ to put that feature in Dead Cad and not in Revit? Do they know that the world is round?! Well sorta, kinda........a million plus reasons my friend... :wink:

gbrowne
2006-06-08, 08:04 AM
Well tell us a couple of them then!

Steve_Stafford
2006-06-08, 08:06 AM
Well tell us a couple of them then!...as in a million plus existing AutoCAD users who might upgrade those licenses... :smile:

Elmo
2006-06-08, 09:50 AM
As Steve has stated there are far more autocad users than Revit. So it would make business sense.

dbaldacchino
2006-06-08, 07:37 PM
Ok geniuses, we know that :rolleyes: hahaha.

So unless we can get a bunch of users over to OUR side, we're doomed!

Elmo
2006-06-09, 06:17 AM
Ok geniuses, we know that :rolleyes: hahaha.

So unless we can get a bunch of users over to OUR side, we're doomed!No not doomed. We just need to be patient. I believe we will one day get these abilities in Revit. It's that we need to be a little bit patient.

Scott Hopkins
2006-06-09, 06:54 AM
I've been waiting very patiently since release 4 for better site tools....

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My kingdom for a proper curb!

Elmo
2006-06-09, 11:22 AM
I've been waiting very patiently since release 4 for better site tools....

My kingdom for a proper curb!LOL !:) 12345678

bowlingbrad
2006-06-09, 11:48 AM
.....My kingdom for a proper curb!.....

Forget about a proper curb, how about one that slopes along a curve! ;)