PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Units for Dimensions

artitech
2006-04-07, 06:27 PM
Has anyone ever looked at a way to have alternate units display beneath a dimension line (have the imperial measurement show below a metric measurement in a dimension line).?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-07, 08:28 PM
Not sure if a more intelligent method is available but you can create a duplicate dimension style that overides units set to 'project settings'. Then copy/paste aligned/same place you dimension strings and manually move the dimension text below the line.

dlevesque
2006-12-07, 01:42 PM
Have you found a better solution for alternate dimensioning? I have an upcoming job that requires alternate dimensioning. I tried your advice and it does work, but client deliverables require AutoCAD dwg format for construction documents. That would leave me with double dimensioning effects. I was hoping for a cleaner approach.

Regards,
D Levesque

dhurtubise
2006-12-07, 01:50 PM
Unfortunately there's none.
Don't botter doing it in Revit, simply change the dimstyle in Acad to display the alternate units. Takes a second

artitech
2006-12-07, 01:55 PM
This should be one that is passed along to the Wish List..

dlevesque
2006-12-07, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the information. I agree with the update in Autocad 2D would be the correct way. And yes this should be a future development item for the Revit API enhancements.

Thanks

DLevesque