PDA

View Full Version : Rotate a Project?

StephenVB
2004-05-10, 04:45 PM
I have Project North and True North reversed (somehow). Revit won't let me rotate the project and trying to rotate the project in a linked file and sharing coordinates doesn't seem to work either.

I would like to fix this because it's making linking the site/topo into the building file a struggle (i.e. property lines rotated, incorrect property line bearings, project north, true north not being accurate for sheet layout).

FK
2004-05-10, 04:53 PM
How exactly does it not allow you to rotate the project?

StephenVB
2004-05-10, 05:10 PM
First, the program doesn't want to rotate roofs (invalid sketch), so I tried deleteing them and rotating again. Then it doesn't like quite a few walls. I gave up at this point. I might as well start redrawing...

I'm puzzled because when the project was just getting started, I was able to freely rotate. I thought I had set up the True North correctly and started adding more detail. It seems this detail since I last rotated the project is preventing it from rotating now.

aaronrumple
2004-05-10, 05:24 PM
Are you using the rotate command to rotate the model?

aggockel50321
2004-05-10, 05:26 PM
Try this.

Set true north correctly (sounds like project south in your question).

Then just rotate the floor plan views as required. (One way to do this is to turn on the crop boundry, select it, & rotate it.)

Leave the physical elements (walls, roof, etc) where they are.

When linked, it should work.

Scott D Davis
2004-05-10, 05:26 PM
Rotating True north from Project North doesn't actually rotate the model, so you should not have any 'invalid sketch' errors. It sounds to me like you are selecting the model, and using the Rotate tool?

Steve_Stafford
2004-05-10, 06:58 PM
Have you tried the Rotate this Project feature? I put together this DOC (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2340&highlight=project+north) to help me remember how to use it.

mitchell.harding
2006-03-28, 10:36 PM
did stephenB ever get a solution? I have the same problem and are looking for a solution - ie. I have the project in true north, and cannot rotate the entire project, as am getting errors for some elements.