PDA

View Full Version : "Options"

narlee
2003-05-30, 09:26 PM
This one seems like a natural. I don't know why it wasn't addressed in version 3.0.

Has anyone got a method that works well until Revit works on this method :idea:? I mean, you all must present different "options" to clients and don't like to go backwards to revise/complete existing building conditions, that you drafted, to several different file versions (i.e. Jones' House Addition version 1, version 2 etc.)

Revit is supposedly working on a less tedious way to manage different "options" than using worksets, which are really for multi-user purposes and annoyingly throws barriers in your way at every turn :banghead:, and phasing, which is more accepting of input, if used for "options" requires a lot of item-phase shifting to get around its sequencing restraints :screwy: .

Yman
2003-05-30, 09:32 PM
Agree! This has been about the only major downfall that I have had with Revit. I hope they develop this sometime soon. Drives me crazy.

Y.

JamesVan
2003-06-02, 02:19 PM
This topic is in the top 5 for the Revit developers and is well understood.

Other topic thread (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=188&highlight=options)