PDA

View Full Version : How to rotate view?

E-Key
2006-04-10, 02:18 PM
Hi everybody,
Can somebody give an advice how to rotate the view to make his plan exactly parallel to wall surface?
May be it's a simple question, but I can't find a solution.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.
Thank you.

mschroeder
2006-04-10, 02:40 PM
If you select the elevation annotation symbol you will see a little blue rotation icon. Click and drag it to begin rotating it. The elevation should "find" the wall and index itself to be parallel.

aggockel50321
2006-04-10, 02:43 PM
Try this.

In the view, check what the ange of your wall is from a horizontal plane.

Looking at your thumbnail, for instance say the wall was at 115 degrees .
Then turn on the crop region, select it, and rotate it -115 degrees. That should do it.

E-Key
2006-04-10, 03:07 PM
If you select the elevation annotation symbol you will see a little blue rotation icon. Click and drag it to begin rotating it. The elevation should "find" the wall and index itself to be parallel.Rotating snaps for 90 degrees and doesn't "see" the wall

Max Lloyd
2006-04-10, 03:30 PM
Is it because the wall is too low relative to the view you are viewing?

mschroeder
2006-04-10, 03:31 PM
Rotating snaps for 90 degrees and doesn't "see" the wall

Hmm... Works for me. Maybe you should temporarily move the elevation marker slightly closer to the wall for it to work.

edit... or as Max suggested.

aggockel50321
2006-04-10, 03:34 PM
Or delete the original elevation and place a new one. It should see the wall & be normal to it.

E-Key
2006-04-10, 03:47 PM
Try this.

In the view, check what the ange of your wall is from a horizontal plane.

Looking at your thumbnail, for instance say the wall was at 115 degrees .
Then turn on the crop region, select it, and rotate it -115 degrees. That should do it.It is the way to get the desired result. But the crop region can't be rotated. Therefore I draw a detail line, select the view sign and the line, and rotate them together. Then I delete the line.

Thank you for help.

Max Lloyd
2006-04-10, 03:48 PM
I'm starting to think we have all mis-read your question. Do you want to rotate the 'plan view' to match the wall angle? If thats the case, you can't just yet, although I have recently read that apparently you will be able to in revit 9. You can rotate the view by 90 degrees as you have stated.

(although that may have been just the rotation of inserted images, not plans?)

E-Key
2006-04-10, 03:56 PM
Or delete the original elevation and place a new one. It should see the wall & be normal to it.I have a lot of walls near each other and view sign doesn't "see" the wall. I think it's a reason why I cant follow this suggesting and mschroeder's one.

Your previous advice suits for me.