PDA

View Full Version : curtainwall

iru69
2006-04-10, 04:03 PM
I'm using a curtain wall to infill a railing with a steel lattice.

I've set the mullions to 1/4" rods spaced at 4" fixed distance w/ adjust for mullion size. However, while it works great most of the time, when I adjust the size to certain lengths and heights, I get the following error:

Can't create Curtain Wall Mullion. The grid segment for the Mullion is probably too small.

I can't correlate the error message to a size or spacing when the error message occurs. Anyone know what I should do (or not do) so that I avoid this error?

p.s. - I'm sure someone will suggest using a model pattern and material texture instead to achieve a similar effect, but that's not what I'm looking for here - thanks.

mschroeder
2006-04-10, 08:42 PM
Can't create Curtain Wall Mullion. The grid segment for the Mullion is probably too small.

I can't correlate the error message to a size or spacing when the error message occurs. Anyone know what I should do (or not do) so that I avoid this error?

I have seen this error when grid lines get crowded on or near the border of your CW. The horizontal mullions get too short because your vertical mullions are near or overlapping. But it only happens when you reduce the length of your CW. So to avoid it, start with a shorter segment and make it longer - not shorter. It's obviously a feature bug.

iru69
2006-04-10, 10:22 PM
But it only happens when you reduce the length of your CW. So to avoid it, start with a shorter segment and make it longer - not shorter. It's obviously a feature bug.
Now that you mention it, that's when it's been most problematic. Thanks for the tip!

funkman
2006-04-10, 11:04 PM
Irusun, what I have started to do is to get the extents of the CW (without grids) correct first and only then apply a grid or change the CW to one with a grid. Only when all the parameters such as length and height are set do I then apply the grid.