PDA

View Full Version : Parameters - Additional

DoTheBIM
2006-04-11, 01:12 PM
Is it possible to add a parameter (shared or some other method) to Walls so that I may designate them as Interior or Exterior / bearing or non-bearing? We are working on a conversion from Revit to another software for additional framing design/loading analysis and there doesn't seem to be any way to determine this during the conversion.

And is there a way to add parameters to the project information parameters list?

nevermind on the bearing and non-bearing issue, but still need interior/exterior. Would a project parameter (yes/no) be the way to go with this?

nrenfro
2006-04-11, 01:27 PM
I am not clear what you are doing with the information, but adding a project parameter may do the trick.

bowlingbrad
2006-04-11, 01:37 PM
Check the type parameters of a wall. There is a "Wall Function" parameter. You can choose from Interior, Exterior, Foundation, Retaining and Soffit.

HTH

nrenfro
2006-04-11, 01:48 PM
I knew that that was in their, but could not find it when I was looking for it. Thought that I might have read about it or somthing.
Upgraging has become so transparent....

DoTheBIM
2006-04-11, 01:55 PM
Check the type parameters of a wall. There is a "Wall Function" parameter. You can choose from Interior, Exterior, Foundation, Retaining and Soffit.
HTHPerfect. Thanks so much.

Anybody know about how to add parameters to the project info parameters list under the settings menu?

The Sweg
2006-04-11, 02:36 PM
Go to 'settings' menu, and click on Project parameters, click to add one. I believe you can create a new one from in here. Make sure Project parameter is checked and in the right under 'categories', scroll down and place a checkmark in front of 'project information'. It should show up in project info!

HTH

DoTheBIM
2006-04-11, 03:03 PM
Thanks again. I was trying to use type instead of instance. The project info category was only available under instance.

You guys are lightning fast today. Thanks so much.