PDA

View Full Version : File Linking Elevation

Exar Kun
2004-05-11, 01:29 PM
Hi,

I've created a topo surface in one file with imported data and I'm trying to link a project into this file in two seperate locations. How do I move them to the correct elevation relative to the new toposurface?

Thanks.

Exar Kun
2004-05-12, 01:40 AM
Sorry to bump this but I need the information quickly. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help (and sorry for the impatience!).

Scott D Davis
2004-05-12, 02:02 AM
I haven't done this yet, but it has to do with 'shared coordinates' in Revit. Go to help, and type in:

shared positioning

in the index tab of the help window. This should help you figure it out. Sorry i can't be of more help!

beegee
2004-05-12, 02:03 AM
There are a number of different approaches to this, using shared locations and publishing/acquiring co-ordinates , but they don't work for a multi linked file.

What I usually do is to set-up a level that represents the known floor level that the buildings are to move to. Then go to the appropriate elevation and use the align tool to align the floor level of the linked model with the level you established. Nice and simple.

JamesVan
2004-05-12, 02:04 AM
Go to a section or elevation view in the host model and align the linked levels to the appropriate levels in the host file. Then use the Pad tool to create cutouts in the topography for each building.

Exar Kun
2004-05-12, 03:43 AM
Thanks heaps guys :)