PDA

View Full Version : CUI = bad command, when logged in as net user

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 08:12 AM
(sorry for my bad English)
I work with a PC in a local net.
If i work in local or as administrator i can personalize the tool bar, if i work as a net user i can't do it and i can't use the command Layer (the pop up mask does not appear).
I have reinstalled Autocad LT 2006 but nothing is changed.
Suggestions ?
Thank you
Roberto

Mike.Perry
2006-04-12, 08:27 AM
Hi
(sorry for my bad English)No "sorry" necessary, your English is fine... but I do have a few questions ( see below ), as I currently do not fully understand the issue / problem you are experiencing at the moment ( what can I say "I am slow" )...

I work with a PC in a local net.
If i work in local or as administrator i can personalize the tool bar, if i work as a net user i can't do it and i can't use the command Layer (the pop up mask does not appear).Can you please explain what you mean by "net user".

How is "net user" set-up differently compared to "local user" ?

Can you also please explain what you mean by "use the command Layer (the pop up mask does not appear).".

Have a good one, Mike

Olaf.Banckaert
2006-04-12, 08:30 AM
To work with 2006ADT as a net-user, you have to be @ leased a Power-user. Because ADT makes use of the registry (write & read permission).

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 08:35 AM
To work with 2006ADT as a net-user, you have to be @ leased a Power-user. Because ADT makes use of the registry (write & read permission).
i don't use ADT, i use Autocad LT 2006 only.

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 08:38 AM
Can you please explain what you mean by "net user".

How is "net user" set-up differently compared to "local user" ?

Can you also please explain what you mean by "use the command Layer (the pop up mask does not appear).".

Have a good one, Mike
net user = local user
When i use Layer button on the tool bar or when i write the command Layer, nothing appear.

Mike.Perry
2006-04-12, 08:42 AM
To work with 2006ADT as a net-user, you have to be @ leased a Power-user. Because ADT makes use of the registry (write & read permission).Hi

As far as I know ( which means nothing ), from AutoCAD 2004 ( and LT 2004 ) up-wards, the need for Power User privileges were removed ( fixed ) ie

To run AutoCAD 2004 ( and LT 2004 ) up-wards, a User does not need to have Power User permissions.

Have a good one, Mike

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 08:50 AM
infact working on others PC (as local user) all runs perfectly, only on my PC!
I can't understand he cause.
I suppose that the main problem is somewhere in the CUI system... but i don't know where.

Mike.Perry
2006-04-12, 08:52 AM
Hi

net user = local user
Sorry I am a little confused...

"If i work in local or as administrator i can personalize the tool bar, if i work as a net user i can't do it and i can't use the command Layer (the pop up mask does not appear)."

The above indicates to me, that "local" or "administrator" does not experience any problems...

Therefore if "net user = local user" I can not understand why "net user" would experience any problems.

When i use Layer button on the tool bar or when i write the command Layer, nothing appear.Do you meaning "nothing" ( command does not work ) or command runs from Command Line only ie

Layer Manager dialog box does not open, but Layer command prompts are displayed on the Command Line ?

Have a good one, Mike

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 08:58 AM
The above indicates to me, that "local" or "administrator" does not experience any problems...

Therefore if "net user = local user" I can not understand why "net user" would experience any problems.
Right

Do you meaning "nothing" ( command does not work ) or command runs from Command Line only ie

Layer Manager dialog box does not open, but Layer command prompts are displayed on the Command Line ?

Have a good one, Mike
Right, command runs from Command Line only.

Olaf.Banckaert
2006-04-12, 09:22 AM
Hi

As far as I know ( which means nothing ), from AutoCAD 2004 ( and LT 2004 ) up-wards, the need for Power User privileges were removed ( fixed ) ie

To run AutoCAD 2004 ( and LT 2004 ) up-wards, a User does not need to have Power User permissions.

Have a good one, Mike

Indeed, as to read in the user installation guide of Autodesk (Chapter 2: Removal of Power User Requirements). But then you have to move a lot of files to the Documents and Settings folder. At the installation the program already places the startup files there, But when you use a roaming profile, you also need to check the Local Setting\Application Data\Autodesk\2006 folder, the files in here are nonroamable and have to be moved to Application Data\Autodesk\2006 folder. There this is the roamable folder. (Chapter 2: Locate Customized Files)
To avoid all this moved files, it's better to give the CAD-users some more rights. Even when there are some probs and you're just at that station, it's easy to modify or make some changes there instead to go to you're own station and use the remote Admin or something like that to make the changes or check the system.
All depends on the policy of the company offcours.
Also when you have some 3-party applications to run with/on AutoCAD, most of the time they need the higher rights to work properly.

Mike.Perry
2006-04-12, 09:31 AM
Hi

Therefore if "net user = local user" I can not understand why "net user" would experience any problems.RightTherefore am I correct in thinking there is now, no problem ?

Right, command runs from Command Line only.Maybe have a browse of the following threads...

Layer Property manager box not displaying

Layer Manager does not open for one user

Can't access layers in layer manager.

Layer Manager Dialog Box won't open

Have a good one, Mike

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 01:02 PM
Nothing for me, i'll try to call Autodesk. I'll tell you the answer
Thank you.
Roberto

studiofgp
2006-04-12, 04:18 PM
it's all right now... (like the song)
By myself:
- in the PC as administrator
- renamed my user folder
- restart
- in the PC as user
Starting from the begin, all right's now
Thank to all for your help.
Roberto

Mike.Perry
2006-04-12, 09:32 PM
By myself:
- in the PC as administrator
- renamed my user folder
- restart
- in the PC as user
Starting from the begin, all right's nowHi Roberto

Thank you for taking the time to post back the answer / solution to your particular issue / problem. I am sure other will benefit from such information in the future.

:beer: Mike

RobertB
2006-04-14, 05:29 AM
Sounds like overkill... I bet the dialog was just opening off-screen. Alt+Spacebar while the dialog is off-screen gives you a move option to get it back on-screen.

RobertB
2006-04-14, 05:30 AM
To work with 2006ADT as a net-user, you have to be @ leased a Power-user. Because ADT makes use of the registry (write & read permission).Incorrect. All of the recent AutoCAD-based products can run under a limited user account. In fact, we run ABS 2006 for 30 engineers as limited users.