PDA

View Full Version : Linetypes don't scale properly in paperspace?

Jordan Truesdell
2006-04-12, 12:58 PM
Okay, this one has been bugging me. The answer is in the helpfile, I'm certain, but I don't know the question to ask...so here it goes:

When I draw details, I draw in modelspace - one detail per dwg file. In that file, the ltscale is set to the scale of the detail (LTSCALE=16 for 3/4" scale details). The detail template I use has a nice paperspace border with the drawing information and other miscellaneous company text, and a viewport where the modelspace detail is shown.

If I draw, say, a hidden line in modelspace with LTSCALE set to 16, then it looks like it should - dashed, with the spacing the way I like it. If I switch to paperspace, the line looks - and plots - as a solid line (the scale of the dash has increased ~16fold, so the dashed effect is lost).

How do I make the paperspace plotted version look like the modelspace version, without having to change the LTSCALE value every time I switch from MS to PS and back?

Maverick91
2006-04-12, 02:42 PM
Okay, this one has been bugging me. The answer is in the helpfile, I'm certain, but I don't know the question to ask...so here it goes:

When I draw details, I draw in modelspace - one detail per dwg file. In that file, the ltscale is set to the scale of the detail (LTSCALE=16 for 3/4" scale details). The detail template I use has a nice paperspace border with the drawing information and other miscellaneous company text, and a viewport where the modelspace detail is shown.

If I draw, say, a hidden line in modelspace with LTSCALE set to 16, then it looks like it should - dashed, with the spacing the way I like it. If I switch to paperspace, the line looks - and plots - as a solid line (the scale of the dash has increased ~16fold, so the dashed effect is lost).

How do I make the paperspace plotted version look like the modelspace version, without having to change the LTSCALE value every time I switch from MS to PS and back? What is PSLTSCALE set to?

Jordan Truesdell
2006-04-12, 03:30 PM
PSLTSCALE is set to 1, but setting it to 0 has no effect. That was the first thing I checked (after searching on augi to see if someone else had this problem.) If you work in the viewport fom PS, you can stretch the line long enough to see the first dash appear, so it it showing correctly but at the wrong scale.

This doesn't affect my final full-sheet plots, as I xref the details directly into paperspace on the D size sheets, and the xref is inserted at 1/(scale) size. I tried a test and put a detail into a D plot sheet in modelspace at full scale w/ a viewport in PS and scaled with 1/(scale)XP - the lines were still screwed up in the paperspace plot. That makes me think it's something in the detail drawing file, but I can't figure out what would make the LT scale to the PS dimensions.

What's odd is that my building plans get xrefed into model space at full scale, then get put in a viewport on paperspace at 1/(scale)XP. Somehow, they look correct (same apparent dash size in MS view and PS view.

Opie
2006-04-12, 03:39 PM
Are the details based on the same linetype file?

Maverick91
2006-04-12, 03:41 PM
Are these details ones that you created in-house or out of the office? If out, there's no telling how messed up they could be.

Are these all 2D? Any Z-coords? Solid modeling?

Are the ltscales for each entity modified? Check with the Properties menu.

vtoma
2006-04-12, 04:16 PM
Perform a regen all after setting the variable psltscale. If you just change the setting but do not regen it will not take effect. I hope this helps.

Jordan Truesdell
2006-04-12, 05:43 PM
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

****Okay so it seems that I've been trying to make this whole PSLTSCALE variable work *backwards*, which seems to have corrected my problem. *****

Jordan Truesdell
2006-04-12, 07:38 PM
Just a little more info - I had changed back and forth between PSLTSCALE values and not regen'ed. After reading the helpfile, I managed to interpret the 0 and 1 backwards, and didn't remember what the drawing was set for to begin with (and therefore had no reference point). Naturally, no matter how many times I regen'd with PSLTSCALE=1, it wouldn't have corrected the problem. It was by "accident" that I managed to regenall with the PSLTSCALE set to 0, then I spend another five minutes figuring out what I'd done.

My daugter has made me go grey, Autocad is making me lose my hair.

Opie
2006-04-12, 07:45 PM
Just a little more info - I had changed back and forth between PSLTSCALE values and not regen'ed. After reading the helpfile, I managed to interpret the 0 and 1 backwards, and didn't remember what the drawing was set for to begin with (and therefore had no reference point). Naturally, no matter how many times I regen'd with PSLTSCALE=1, it wouldn't have corrected the problem. It was by "accident" that I managed to regenall with the PSLTSCALE set to 0, then I spend another five minutes figuring out what I'd done.

My daugter has made me go grey, Autocad is making me lose my hair.
At least you won't be grey anymore :lol:

sfickettj
2006-04-17, 11:55 PM
I've tried to follow all these steps because I am having the same problem. Unfortunately it's not working out! I keep trying all sorts of settings with the hope of solution - but it's dashed in the model space and solid in the viewports. global Scale 48
object scale 1 ADT 2004 I've tried psltscale 0 and 1 - tilemode 0 and 1 different global scale factors and even object scale. I tried to check and uncheck the the as in paperspace box. I am getting very frustrated. Any other suggestions?

Opie
2006-04-18, 04:09 AM
I've tried to follow all these steps because I am having the same problem. Unfortunately it's not working out! I keep trying all sorts of settings with the hope of solution - but it's dashed in the model space and solid in the viewports. global Scale 48
object scale 1 ADT 2004 I've tried psltscale 0 and 1 - tilemode 0 and 1 different global scale factors and even object scale. I tried to check and uncheck the the as in paperspace box. I am getting very frustrated. Any other suggestions?
Can you post (http://forums.augi.com/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_attachment_explain) a sample drawing?

jaberwok
2006-04-18, 12:12 PM

Also check that shademode = 2dwireframe in each viewport.