PDA

View Full Version : layer manager will not open

dcochrane757156
2006-04-12, 02:22 PM
I recently reinstalled ABS2005, downloaded & installed service pack 2 & my layer manager still will not open. It can be a brand new drawing and nothing happens. This leads me to believe that it is not a layer filter issue. My layer drop down works fine. I'm using windows XP. If anybody knows if there are any other downloads to resolve this issue, your input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

RobertB
2006-04-14, 05:16 AM
Are you sure it is not opening, or perhaps is it opening off-screen? Does ABS appear to "hang", but an Escape returns things to normal? If so, I suspect it is off-screen. Start the Layer Manager, and then hit Alt+Spacebar and select the Move item off the menu, using the arrow keys to move the dialog back on-screen.

dcochrane757156
2006-04-17, 07:53 PM
Yes ABS does appear to hang & yes it does return to normal when I hit escape. I tried what you said with the move command however there is nothing to grab & as soon as I click on the screen the move command icon disappears. Is there something I'm missing here. Could it have something to do with the fact that i'm running dual monitors.

Thanks

dcochrane757156
2006-05-01, 05:54 PM
Figured out the problem, the problem was an issue with a profile I had set-up. set the profile up again & problem solved

Wanderer
2006-05-01, 06:01 PM
Thanks for posting your solution/resolution! I'm sure someone will benefit from this in the future. :)
Figured out the problem, the problem was an issue with a profile I had set-up. set the profile up again & problem solved

rkmcswain
2006-05-01, 06:31 PM

So the layer dialog *was* off-screen? Creating or setting a new profile would 'fix' this.

dcochrane757156
2006-05-02, 01:14 PM
So the layer dialog *was* off-screen? Creating or setting a new profile would 'fix' this.
It appeared the layer dialog box was off-screen, after messing around with the profile my layer manager did start working properly, however today I went to plot and all my plot styles & plotter configurations were missing, error came up saying it couldn't find the path. I think my biggest issue is when I changed the default profile path in the Shortcut to A2005 icon properties. I'm starting to think I'll just reinstall & start over.

rkmcswain
2006-05-02, 01:23 PM
It appeared the layer dialog box was off-screen, after messing around with the profile my layer manager did start working properly, however today I went to plot and all my plot styles & plotter configurations were missing, error came up saying it couldn't find the path. I think my biggest issue is when I changed the default profile path in the Shortcut to A2005 icon properties. I'm starting to think I'll just reinstall & start over.

Can't you just change the path(s) in OPTIONS?

RobertB
2006-05-10, 06:24 PM
... I tried what you said with the move command however there is nothing to grab & as soon as I click on the screen the move command icon disappears. Is there something I'm missing here. ...Yes, what you are missing is reading my post completely. "[Use] the arrows keys to move..."

Haden
2006-05-17, 01:50 PM
Yes, what you are missing is reading my post completely. "[Use] the arrows keys to move..."
I had this same problem with AutoCAD 2006, and after following your instructions, the arrow keys did bring the layer manager window back into view. Thank you very much for solving my problem!
(I did not originally find this thread in my search, but on my post: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39569 timcreary pointed me to this one.)

tollyboy22
2007-11-23, 01:57 PM
Are you sure it is not opening, or perhaps is it opening off-screen? Does ABS appear to "hang", but an Escape returns things to normal? If so, I suspect it is off-screen. Start the Layer Manager, and then hit Alt+Spacebar and select the Move item off the menu, using the arrow keys to move the dialog back on-screen.

You sir have helped greatly thanks.

Phamoncry
2008-01-21, 05:45 PM

Worked for me as well. Though I didnt need to use the arrow keys... it brought the window to my mouse

I had it coming up on my second monitor before so I'm sure it was just me switching my monitors that screwed it up in my profile.

Thanks!

k.leliaert698534
2011-03-14, 03:32 PM
4 years after last post: this thread still has solved my problem... Thanks!