PDA

View Full Version : Revit-"constructs" & "elements" - are there?

a-mi
2006-04-12, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone!

It is interesting to know how to make typical floor plans in Revit. In ADT I can use an element referred to level-assigned constructs.

So, is there any optimal way to do like this in Revit without additional copying of new (changed) things on all appropriate levels?

Thank you.

Anton

greg.mcdowell
2006-04-12, 02:28 PM
I think what you're after are Groups in Revit.

They're sort of like AutoCAD Blocks... change one Group and you change all Groups. I have heard of some issues with Groups and have had some problems with them myself but I haven't been able to figure out what's causing them yet... still, I think this is what you're after.

aaronrumple
2006-04-12, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone!

It is interesting to know how to make typical floor plans in Revit. In ADT I can use an element referred to level-assigned constructs.

So, is there any optimal way to do like this in Revit without additional copying of new (changed) things on all appropriate levels?

Thank you.

Anton
Forget that whole made up language you had to learn for ADT.

There are a couple of ways to handle floor to floor changes. Groups are one tool. Another way to manage walls that are the same on floors 2-10, then just set the base level at the 2nd floor and run it all the way up to 10. This will keep things coordinated on all the floors.

You can also lay out one floor and copy/paste to additional levels all the information you want at each level in just a few clicks. Of course, unless you group the objects, each floor will then be unique if further changes are made.