PDA

View Full Version : Profile to Cogo Elevations

vtoma
2006-04-12, 05:45 PM
We are experiencing several problems exporting elevations from the profile to our plan.

The first problem is incorrect elevations. The profile has the correct elevations however the plan is off by a random number and it will not give the points we are asking for; it gives all (ep, crown etc.)

When we export corridor points as cogo points the points not showing in the correct alignment but in all alignments. They also will not display in the stations we specify but throughout the whole alignment.

We sometimes get points with the elevation zero even though the profile is not.

We get two points on the plan not one.

If you have any ideas please share.

I have a guess that drawing size may come into play....it is a 14 MB drawing. we are running it on a P IV with 1 GB ram.

Thanks.

vtoma
2006-04-12, 08:52 PM
Okay I am going to reply to my own post.

We have the range of points (stations specified) within an alignment corrected. As well as which alignments to show the exported points on.

You must specify a different label/point style for each alignment!!! This fixed that portion of exporting points.

The other issues are not yet resolved.

Yeehaw! One down is better than none!

Opie
2006-04-12, 09:03 PM
Thanks for posting back one solution.

Maybe someone else can help with the rest. ;)

Aquaserpent
2006-04-13, 10:48 AM
Have you tried grouping the points, into groups that are associated with each alignment? Just a thought.

vtoma
2006-04-13, 12:27 PM
Hi froose - I believe we are in the same neighborhood. I am at Gulf Coast Consulting, Inc. at the ICOT Center in Clearwater. We will soon be submitting 106th Avenue Townhomes to you (the county).

Anyway, that is precisely how we are configuring the alignments; each one has it's own group and style or it does not work. Thanks for the suggestion.