PDA

View Full Version : hidden line/wireframe combo's in revit?

cparsons
2006-04-13, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

If you can all put down your shiny new toys (r. 9) for a minute maybe you can help? :)

Here's a question and attachment from one of our users...

Thanks,
Chris

"anyone know if its possbile to do drawings/views that are a combination of hidden line and wireframe drawing modes? in other words, can a i do a drawing that shows stairs as hidden line objects, and the floors and walls as a wireframe option? (see attached image)"

P.S.. I'm downloading my toy right now as well...

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-13, 12:51 AM
[Maxwell Smart mode on]
aaah, the old "overlay views on sheets" trick eh?
[MSmode off]

cparsons
2006-04-13, 12:58 AM
i think he's hoping for in the same view....

so it is overlaying views huh...i'd assume this means using worksets to control which elements show up in which sheet?

cp

irwin
2006-04-22, 04:22 PM
To get the image you've shown, I'd make some materials transparent.

cphubb
2006-04-24, 02:56 PM
Good suggestion Irwin,

We have done a similar thing and the quick and easy to do this is with phasing and overrides.
Pick all the objects to be transparent and put them in a phase that is just previous to the phase the stairs (and any other solid objects). Set the previous phase override to be a new material that is 95-100% transparent and white or grey. Set the view to shaded with edges and the phase filter to override the previous phase (you probably should make a new phase filter). The view should shade correctly. However using the shadows and sun makes some weird shadows so you may need to experiment a little.

Scott D Davis
2006-04-24, 03:56 PM
Anyone use the new 9.0 tool "Show Hidden Lines"? Works in 3D views too.

cparsons
2006-04-24, 11:11 PM
very cool!