PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Symbols and Phasing

pwmsmith
2006-04-13, 02:01 PM
I created a prelim floor plan, copy with detailing and rename 'Demo". I go to 'View Props' change phase to 'Demo'. Elevation symbols disappear from plan. Checked Vis/Graph and elevations are turned on.
Anyone know why the elevation symbols vanish when I change phases?

patricks
2006-04-13, 02:49 PM
While some people use an actual Demolition phase, I do not. My demolition plans are set to New Construction, and the phase filter is set to Show Previous + Demo. That way you see all the objects that were created on your previous (existing) phase, and demolished on the current (New) phase, yet you don't see any objects created in the New Construction phase. Try setting your view that way and see if the elevations symbols show.

pwmsmith
2006-04-13, 02:58 PM
The problem is all of the 'ELEVATION SYMBOLS' in plan have disappeared. I have no problem drawing or displaying what I need. Don't understand why changing phases would make elevation symbols dissappear.

Fred Blome
2006-04-13, 03:26 PM
The problem is all of the 'ELEVATION SYMBOLS' in plan have disappeared. I have no problem drawing or displaying what I need. Don't understand why changing phases would make elevation symbols dissappear.
Elevation tags are phase specific. Your views probably have "New Construction" as the phase. I use a demo phase and have the Elevation tags set in that phase. In the new phase, I use a second set of tags. And could have a third set for strictly existing. This and getting room tags to work correctly is the reason I use a separate demo phase.

pwmsmith
2006-04-13, 03:36 PM
Ahhhh,

Thanks Fred