PDA

View Full Version : Column won't display

ghero
2006-04-14, 03:08 PM
1. Trying to do a column detail of a 14" round concrete column. The columns dispay in the floor plan, but when I make a Callout detail - the column won't display. The adjacent walls and windows dispaly, the column grid is there, but no column. What's up with that?

2. In the floor plan view, some columns have concrete hatch fill, some don't. All columns properties seem to be the same - some have hatch some don't. What's up with that?

greg.mcdowell
2006-04-14, 03:16 PM
the answer to your first question might have something to do with the level of detail of the views... if the family only had geometry in the coarse view you wouldn't see anything in the medium or fine views.

as for question two... are both columns passing through the cut plane? (i know it's a bit obvious, maybe too obvious, but those are sometimes the hardest to catch)

mtogni
2006-04-14, 04:23 PM
I had a similar problem, not in a callout detail but in plan view copied from another... Some columns (let's say 4-5 out of 50) won't display and, despite any tries, I cound not solve the problem: columns still won't display and I still don't understand the reason so sorry I cannot help you...

bowlingbrad
2006-04-14, 04:29 PM
Could you try to post the file? Purge out all info except for the area in question. The file should be small enough to post.

ghero
2006-04-14, 05:00 PM
OK file is attached.

Bryan Sutton
2006-04-14, 06:17 PM
Observation -
The columns shows in a floor plan callout but not a detail callout. If you do a join geometry with the floor and column, the column then shows in a detail callout. I can't explain the logic behind this ???
cheers
Bryan Sutton

ghero
2006-04-14, 07:43 PM
I don't understand it either, but thanks for the work around (join with slab).

nole
2006-04-15, 11:41 AM
Hi there!
Such behavior has something with the column family. If You open column family for edit, uncheck "Show family pre-cut in plan views" and reload back to project, than column will show in both views, plan and callout.