PDA

View Full Version : Roofs

dsw98
2006-04-14, 04:43 PM
Okay I need to have my front gable hook into the roof over the main part of the house like I have in the attachement. The problem I'm having is that when I use the roof join the peek of the gable misses the top of the other roof so I filled in the missing part with a "Mass"(which is outlined in att.) I created and gave it the roof face. But my shingles are upside down and it won't rotate like I have done with other hatches. So I'm looking for solutions on how to either rotate the hatch or recreate the entire roof so that it looks like the attachment. Thanks for the help.

Joef
2006-04-14, 05:55 PM
If you create two intersecting roofs they will not join, but you can cut out the intersecting portion by creating an opening perpendicular to the face. The lines can be removed with the linework tool. I'm not sure if this is an adequate solution, but it seems to look OK.

Joe

dsw98
2006-04-14, 06:02 PM
So how did you get the two roofs to appear to connect at the peak with the small triangle at the top. That's what I can't figure out how to sketch.

Joef
2006-04-14, 06:30 PM
I made two overlapping roofs at right angles to each other. The little triangular portion is simply the upper portion of the overlapping roof. The rest of the roof is buried in the other roof. I used the opening tool to get rid of the overlapping portion of the roof that would show up on the floor plan or a section. You may still have to do some creative linework on your section.

Joe