PDA

View Full Version : Revit - Exporting TIF Images

jeffw
2006-04-14, 08:34 PM
Our office uses TIF images for archival record sets. We did this with relative ease within Autocad. Now that we are migrating to Revit we have hit a few snags.

The standard Export->Image does not do a very good job of creating a usable TIF image. It appears that the highest resolution TIF we can create is 150dpi. Not only is the resolution very low, the file size is enormous (80MB+/- for just an empty 30x42 title block). If we change the resolution to 600dpi, Revit will not write the file and requests that the resolution be reduced.

I have tried changing my default print setup within Revit from Color to Grayscale or Black Line and have received the same results, including huge file sizes.

In Autocad we could create 400dpi TIFs that ranged from 400K to 2MB (much less than 80MB) with excellent results.

Has anyone be able to tackle this problem?

ckoscinski99388
2006-04-14, 09:08 PM
I dont have much of a solution but an alternative - why not write out to PDF sets? They are a lot smaller in size and anyone can open them up.

Mr Spot
2006-04-14, 10:23 PM
Or write out to PDF then convert the PDF to Tif...

luigi
2006-04-15, 06:35 PM
Actually it is a bug or lack of proper export on Revit....there is no Aliasing in revit...so the exported images to jpg or tiff from a line or shaded view (of course renderings are just fine) are just "un-usable" a waste of time to even have that option....it doesn't matter what size and dpi you use....they are aweful....

The only process I know is to make a pdf and then export to a jpg or tiff...then the images are normal....which means perfect.

Take care,
Luigi

Our office uses TIF images for archival record sets. We did this with relative ease within Autocad. Now that we are migrating to Revit we have hit a few snags.

The standard Export->Image does not do a very good job of creating a usable TIF image. It appears that the highest resolution TIF we can create is 150dpi. Not only is the resolution very low, the file size is enormous (80MB+/- for just an empty 30x42 title block). If we change the resolution to 600dpi, Revit will not write the file and requests that the resolution be reduced.

I have tried changing my default print setup within Revit from Color to Grayscale or Black Line and have received the same results, including huge file sizes.

In Autocad we could create 400dpi TIFs that ranged from 400K to 2MB (much less than 80MB) with excellent results.

Has anyone be able to tackle this problem?