PDA

View Full Version : Controling Spacing Between Lines of Text

dgraue
2006-04-15, 12:35 AM
With wraparound text, can the distance between lines of text be controlled? Current settings put too much space between the first and second lines of text and I'd like to reduce that.

cosmickingpin
2006-04-15, 01:22 AM
you and me both! i am just happy to have a width factor... Unless I am mistaken you will have to break it into separate lines. Where critical, consider using an annotation family with text lines whose distance you control in the family.

With wraparound text, can the distance between lines of text be controlled? Current settings put too much space between the first and second lines of text and I'd like to reduce that.

dgraue
2006-04-17, 04:39 PM
Good idea, I'll give that a try.

The other place I see needing the ability to reduce space between lines is when you create a title sheet. The Label created for Sheet Name needs to provide for longer options (two and three lines occationally). For example, a sheet may say "Building B Core #2 Enlarged Plans & Sections" which would need three lines of text within the confines of the Title Block.

RobG
2006-04-17, 11:37 PM
I can't stand the inability to control the spacing between lines of text.

case in point is the drawing index, where our drawings come in a nice schedule with a set spacing. our consultants drawings are still done in deadCAD and we therefore have to type in the list. the means two different looking lists. they have the same font, size and everything, but one is spaced out (revits) and the other is closer together (manually typed in list)

it SUCKS! there needs more text handling options!

cosmickingpin
2006-04-17, 11:52 PM
I know, its so ATARI... been thinking the same thing for about 4 years now...

I can't stand the inability to control the spacing between lines of text.

case in point is the drawing index, where our drawings come in a nice schedule with a set spacing. our consultants drawings are still done in deadCAD and we therefore have to type in the list. the means two different looking lists. they have the same font, size and everything, but one is spaced out (revits) and the other is closer together (manually typed in list)

it SUCKS! there needs more text handling options!

christo4robin
2006-04-18, 05:04 AM
case in point is the drawing index, where our drawings come in a nice schedule with a set spacing. our consultants drawings are still done in deadCAD and we therefore have to type in the list. the means two different looking lists. !

We just put blank sheets into our file. That way they go right into the schedule.

RobG
2006-04-18, 03:21 PM
We just put blank sheets into our file. That way they go right into the schedule.

not a bad idea at all.. thx..

though its sad to see everyone agrees that the text tool still lacks alot of usability/function

dhurtubise
2006-04-18, 05:45 PM
Rob, stop complaining and work :-)
Annotation family is the way to go

RobG
2006-04-18, 05:53 PM
Rob, stop complaining and work :-)
Annotation family is the way to go

sorry, i didn't get Easter Monday as a holiday like some other people.. psshhh!

dhurtubise
2006-04-18, 05:59 PM
Too sad, Quebec City is such a great city to live :-)

RobG
2006-04-18, 06:03 PM
hey hey hey...don't get me wrong, i miss Montreal, but being in Vegas has it's advantages also!!

dhurtubise
2006-04-18, 11:14 PM
Trying to convince me publicly :-)

RobG
2006-04-19, 12:06 AM
that's cause not only do you get monday off, but you leave at 4:30 today and then ignore my call to your cell.. how else am i supposed to do it?

tc3dcad60731
2006-04-19, 04:39 AM
there needs more text handling options!

I fully agree with you hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhurtubise
2006-04-19, 11:45 AM
Sorry about your call, i was in a meeting. Yes i was still at the office but .... leaving :-)
Just call me earlier net time :-)