PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Dimensions Setting

dgreen.49364
2006-04-17, 06:58 PM
Used to be (R8) if I clicked on an item to modify it, the temporary dimensions would come up automatically. For some reason, now, they don't. I have to click on Activate Dimensions every single time. It is driving me buggy and I cannot, for the life of me, find a setting to change this.

I'm sure I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other.

Please, where is the setting for this?

Thanks.

max
2006-04-17, 07:04 PM
Same problem here.

sjsl
2006-04-17, 10:48 PM
I think they added this little gem back in 5.0 when everyone was complaining they didn't want the help dims. I love them and wish I could set them on as a default instead of wasting a gazillion mouse clicks a day having to trun them on.

patricks
2006-04-18, 02:51 PM
In my experience it seems to have something to do with view complexity, file size, etc. Usually when I first start a project and everything is pretty simple, the temp dimensions will always come on automatically. When I start putting alot more stuff in, with lots of walls and doors, etc. I will usually have to activate the dimensions myself when clicking on a window or door or wall.

But what's even more frustrating is when it won't give me any temp. dimensions at all, or it will only give me one in one direction, and I have to actually make a dimension going the other way to place the object correctly.

In one case I even had an object that when I placed a dimension to it, it wouldn't even let me edit the dimension when I clicked on the object. I actually had to draw a line of the length I wanted and then move and snap the object to the end of that line and then delete the line.

Rhythmick
2006-04-20, 02:57 PM
Just installed 9.
I can not move an interior wall with the temp dim when it's set to the ext walls. Some walls will show no temp dim at all. Some one direction only.
What's up? :?
Are the temp dims working correctly for others on 9?

Rhythmick
2006-04-20, 03:32 PM
Upon further review, I have no associativity with temp dims from int. to ext. walls along with regular dims not allowing an edit dim to move wall from an int. to ext. association..

I have contacted support.

Rhythmick
2006-04-20, 04:30 PM
I have this figured out, evidently I can not align and lock my walls to grids. I changed from grids to ref planes and it works fine.

irwin
2006-04-22, 03:14 PM
For an explanation of why you need to press Activate Dimensions in some cases when you select only a single object, see my post in this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=22909

Activate Dimensions is not a great solution to this problem (and I have no one to blame but myself, since it was my idea :( ). There is a better alternative that wouldn't be too hard to implement, but there are many things that have higher priority. If enough customers complain it might get on the radar screen.