PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Regen Slowness - V9.0

funkman
2006-04-18, 03:27 AM
Anybody else get a much slower performance with shadows in 3d views with the new version 9.0?

I will open the same project in 8.1 - immediate shadow response (0.01 second). I upgrade the project to 9.0, save-as, and regen for shadows when model is spun is regressive (apx 7 seconds).

I have tried various things including closing the session and reopening but is still very slow.

Any ideas or anyone else with the same issue?

iru69
2006-04-18, 04:14 AM
I'm sure this is too obvious, but it couldn't hurt to ask - did you check to make sure the OpenGL hardware acceleration setting is turned on in R9?

funkman
2006-04-18, 05:01 AM
damn...slap on the wrist for you funkman!!

But it would be nice to have all these settings transfer from one version to the other.
Thanks mate!

matthewh.104177
2006-04-18, 01:57 PM
Is Open GL the only way to get fast shadows? My shadows on elevations, etc. are ridiculous slow. I've tried the Open GL option but it's not compatible with my computer or graphics card cause it crashes Revit quite often.

david.kingham
2006-04-18, 02:38 PM
damn...slap on the wrist for you funkman!!

But it would be nice to have all these settings transfer from one version to the other.
Thanks mate!
You can, just save the Revit.ini file that is located in C:\Program Files\Revit Building *.*\Program somewhere else and then replace it after the install