PDA

View Full Version : Flipping Attributes in Dynamic Blocks

lwhite.49103
2006-04-18, 03:43 PM
Is there away to flip an attribute and have the justification switch at the same time? For instance from Left Center to Right Center. So that the text can be edited and still looks ok after a flip.

Opie
2006-04-18, 04:47 PM
I don't believe this is available. I haven't found a way to accomplish this, yet.

Mike.Perry
2006-04-23, 03:07 PM
Hi "lwhite.49103" ( Sorry, I do not know your real name )

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

CGM
2006-04-23, 06:36 PM
Is there away to flip an attribute and have the justification switch at the same time? For instance from Left Center to Right Center. So that the text can be edited and still looks ok after a flip.Hello, Afraid I'm stuck in AutoCAD 2004, but wondered if you had tried _ATTEDIT which at one point in allowed us to edit the attributes one at a time; that's to say with out the dialogue box. This command allows you to change the justification of the text amongst other things. Hope it still works for you in version 2006.
Bye,

Chris.N
2006-04-24, 01:44 PM
Is there away to flip an attribute and have the justification switch at the same time? For instance from Left Center to Right Center. So that the text can be edited and still looks ok after a flip.i'm struggling with this issue too, and feel i am very close to a workable solution.... but you know what they say about the last few yards in a race.... :banghead:

anyway, i'm trying a workaround here (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=35465), but am still waiting for a solution...

dtamplen
2006-04-26, 04:42 PM
Howdy IWhite.49103

We just work around it here by setting up our attribute blocks with Middle Center justification. It may not be the best way, but it keeps things looking uniform even if you flip a block.

Hope this helps.

Jordan Truesdell
2006-04-26, 05:24 PM
I also ran into this, and the universal answer seems to be that the lack of justification mirroring is a "feature" of the current dynamic blocks.