PDA

View Full Version : wall section marks

..shaner
2006-04-18, 05:40 PM
hi guys, i was wondering how to show wall section marks in multiple locations without creating new wall sections..

we have a wall section that is typical for a few locations and would like to show the section mark in all the locations.

at first i thought i could just draw a new section mark and not worry about the extra unnecessary wall sections created but then that section mark does not have the right drawing or detail number in the bubble

any suggestions?

also, i have overall plans that i do not want to show wall section marks on but i would like to show cross section marks on. is there any way to change the workset that some of the wallsection marks are on? or is there another way of preforming this task??

thanks

..shane

aggockel50321
2006-04-18, 05:47 PM
we have a wall section that is typical for a few locations and would like to show the section mark in all the locations.
Go to the view menu, select section, and in the dialog box check "reference other view" and then in the adjacent drop-down, select the original section view.

also, i have overall plans that i do not want to show wall section marks on but i would like to show cross section marks on. is there any way to change the workset that some of the wallsection marks are on? or is there another way of preforming this task??
Not sure what you want here...

RobG
2006-04-18, 05:49 PM
for the first one, if i read it right...

select the SECTION tool for your detail callout, at the top you'll see "reference other view" you can then tell it to reference the view you want without having it create a new view, so you can reference multiple times to one detail/view.

well, that makes a double reply. oops

patricks
2006-04-18, 06:03 PM

For each section you can either go to its instance properties and change the Hide At Scales Coarser Than setting, or you can right-click each one you don't want to see and point to Hide in Current View.