PDA

View Full Version : Sign Letters?

Brian F.
2004-05-15, 01:45 AM
I'm about to embark on doing a ground sign that consists of channel or three dimensional letters on a low, curved wall. Do I need to create, as I suspect, a family for each letter and place them on the wall individually? I was hoping (or at least my boss was hoping!) for some magic short cut that would let me use text somehow. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Brian F.

jbalding48677
2004-05-15, 02:18 AM
You can create channel letters out of any true type font you might have. Unfortunetly, you can not put them on a curved wall in one text string, you will have to use individual letters.

Read the help file under Model Text.

rgecy
2004-05-17, 01:50 AM
You could create the sign as a family and use the Model Text which is 3D to dispaly your Text on the sign. I recently used this for the same thing.

Good Luck
RGecy

Persistance
2004-05-19, 10:08 PM
If you want to use a font that is not a true type font then you could convert the font using fontographer.

When I have done signs like this I have had to do them letter by letter with model text which works ok, but I do recommend that you make the sign as a family object external to the file so as when you bring it in you will be able to rotate it and move it a lot more freely that if you create it in the project as it will not be constrained to the reference plane upon which it was created.