PDA

View Full Version : MBUTTONPAN issues

jeff.benson
2006-04-18, 08:32 PM
I recently upgraded from ADT 2006 to ADT 2007. Since then, I have discovered an issue with my wired optical Dell wheel mouse. Before, I could hold down the Shift key and the mouse wheel to enable a constrianed Pan. Since upgrading, when I attempt to Pan in the same fashion, the view rotates instead of constrained panning. If I FIRST click and hold the wheel, then press the SHIFT key to apply the Pan, it works, but I have to let off and re-press and hold for each pan movement I want to perform. MAJOR PAIN!

I am using AutoCAD as ADT, MBUTTONPAN is set properly to 1, and scrollbars are OFF.
I use this method regularly to pan in a straight line to other parts of my model in a viewport window from within Layout Space. Any suggestions to correct this?

Thanks!

philip.107935
2006-04-18, 09:28 PM
You're not the only one, i"m having the same issue with a standard HP mouse

jeff.benson
2006-04-21, 03:41 PM
This is really a problem. The actions I described caused Fatal Errors in one of my drawings. System crashed... Is there a way to disassociate control of 3DORBIT from the wheel?

.T.
2006-04-21, 05:07 PM
Hi Jeff,

This is really a problem. The actions I described caused Fatal Errors in one of my drawings. System crashed... Is there a way to disassociate control of 3DORBIT from the wheel?You should be able to change the action through the CUI. Have a look at "Customize Mouse Buttons" in the help file.

HTH

.T.
2006-04-21, 06:38 PM
Hmmm, that made me think: why would they assign an action to a button if an action for that button is already "hard coded" into it and could cause a conflict. I'm wondering if they accidentally left the button assigned to 3dorbit on the shift+click in the CUI, because it is also assigned to the shift+control+click.

Maybe just taking 3dorbit out of the shift-click button menu will solve the problems you are having.

Sorry, I don't use a mouse, so I can't test this.

HTH

jeff.benson
2006-04-24, 03:13 PM
Thank you, Tim.

This was my first opportunity to use the CUI. I reassigned the Shift+Click function of Button 3 from 3dorbit to Pan. It now works as it had previously...maybe they are onto something with this forced learning. I guess it's a good thing, but not if you are under tight time constraints.

Anyway, thanks again. Hope this helps other folks as well.

andrewp
2006-06-06, 03:14 PM
I recently upgraded from ADT 2006 to ADT 2007.

I am using AutoCAD as ADT...

how did you load ADT as AutoCAD... I haven't been able to do this yet...

dkoch
2006-06-06, 04:33 PM
There is an option at the time of installation to have a profile and a desktop icon created that runs ADT "as AutoCAD". The ACAD.cui is the main menu and none of the ADT modules are loaded. Tool palette tools will be limited to those supported by AutoCAD.

andrewp
2006-06-06, 06:47 PM
Can a person select that option after ADT has already been installed, or do I have to uninstall and reinstall everything again?

dkoch
2006-06-06, 10:09 PM
I am not certain. You might try doing a repair [not a registry repair, but a file repair] installation and see if you can choose the ADT as AutoCAD option there, before completely uninstalling and reinstalling. Be certain to back up all customizations first - and export a profile if you have customized the search paths or other settings in the Options dialog.

davidb.80160
2006-06-13, 01:49 PM
See if there's an Unnamed Profile on your profiles tab under options - if there is, double click on it and you'll get an AutoCAD setup.

tks -

jaffarhu
2006-06-14, 11:39 AM
All of you that have this problem read this! Please uninstall the optical mouse drivers from your systems and let the OS (operating system) chose his own driver for the mouse. Most likely will find the right one.
The problem lies in the pryority of the button command. Middle button comand activates the command seted up in the mouse driver, overwriting the ACAD function due to hier pryority.
Go check this out!

Doodlemusmaximus
2006-06-14, 12:26 PM
I'll have to keep an eye out for this when we migrate over shortly. Is this the only niggle that people have encounted with the program?

rbeall.115205
2006-06-19, 02:00 PM
you can do a menuload and add acad.cui this loads the whole acad.mnu and you will have to remove all the duplicate toolbars menus etc. but it does give you a lot more to pick from. I use this as my standard startup.