PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall grid lines

mwagenbach
2006-04-19, 08:12 PM
Question about curtain wall systems. I am attempting to create a metal panel wall and so far have done so with a curtain wall. I have assigned each panel in my system a "metal panel" wall type that I had created earlier. My problem is with the joint lines - some of them read all the way through and some disappear. I have highlighted a couple of the panels (see picture) so you can see were the panel is, but no line appears. I would like to see the line dividing the panels because this is suppose to be showing my reveal with the metal panels. Anybody have some tricks with curtain wall systems?

A hint I can share: You must disallow join where your curtain wall system meets a regular wall. If you don't, the curtain wall likes to push/pull the regular wall away from where you placed it.

-mike

RobG
2006-04-19, 09:01 PM
Just a few questions...

are they just grilines?
is there a butt joint mullion in there?
does it change dependng on how close you zoom or rotate?

dhurtubise
2006-04-19, 09:28 PM
Create yourself a tiny mullion, apply it then don't display it. You will then get the space between each panel as needed.

mwagenbach
2006-04-19, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a super small mullions are the answer. Yes, they are just grid lines right now and no, do not change with view angle/zoom. Thanks for the tips!

-mike

sbrown
2006-04-20, 02:06 AM
Or use an actual curtain wall panel family, instead of the wall type, walls will join, panels wont.