PDA

View Full Version : Revit 9 - User Defined Filter Selections - Future Phases

mchaney
2006-04-20, 03:23 AM
Working on a 3 story commercial office building over 1 level of subterranean parking. At about 50% CD's the client is asking that we submit the building in two packages :: Foundation / Garage Only and Building Only.

To do this - we will need two separate sets of sheets. One for the Foundation Only package and one for the Building Only. In the Foundation Only package - i want to show the Building above as 'Future' (greyed out). In the Building Only Package i must show the garage / foundation as 'Under Separate Permit' (also greyed out.)

I have read all previous posts concerning Revit and future phases. All the previously described work arounds (demolition tool) would not be appropriate for this effort. The complete building and garage must stay together in one file so we can maintain coordinated design development.

I am *hoping* that the User Defined Filter Selections Revit 9 will perhaps fix this limitation ? What i am imagining doing is creating a view specific Filter Selection - filtering based on phase - applying graphic override to turn 'Building Only' phase elements grey while leaving 'Foundation Only' phase elements shown normally. For the other package - just create a new view with the filter inverted ? Sounds easy, right ?

Our Revit 9 has not arrived yet - they assure me it is coming next week. My deadline is May 4th. Before i go tearing my model apart to create 2 linked files (one for the garage, one for the building above) and all the related nightmare that will cause -

Somebody please advise if Revit 9 is capable of this ??

tc3dcad60731
2006-04-20, 03:34 AM
My copy has not arrived yet either but from what I have heard I believe this is accurate. If you are on 8.1 why not create phases in that too? Further turn the foundation phase items to show as "underlay" in the view properties and vice versa. I have done this several times when the contractor wants to see the proposed foundation plan with the walls greyed out and the engineer wants to see the wall framing plan with the foundation greyed out.

mmodernc
2006-04-20, 10:47 AM
create a copy of the building from second phase and paste it into first phase and set to created and demolished in phase 1, this will show the copied phase 2 stuff as temporary in phase 1 -
make sure filter is set to show new and temporary in phase 1, complicated workaround- might help if you save copy as a group.

mchaney
2006-04-20, 07:26 PM
I have gone ahead and downloaded Version 9.

You cannot filter for Phase Information, however you can filter for just about anything else. So i have added either BUILDING PACKAGE or FOUNDATION PACKAGE to the comments field for all model elements and have created a filter for this. About an hour into it - and so far it seems to be working pretty well.

Biggest issue is Model Lines cannot be assigned a comment. They can be assigned Phasing information, however. So graphic overrides must be implimented for them seperately.

Still - it would be extremely nice to just have the already implimented Phasing functionality tweaked to permit showing future work. This seems like an obvious and glaring ommission.