PDA

View Full Version : Custome keynoting

Wagurto
2006-04-21, 02:08 AM
Hi guys, I start looking at revit 9 and I am very impress with the keynoting capaibilities of the program. However, I think my work, custome residential, it not ready for CSI kind of keynoting. Is there anyway I can customize the system so I can include simple text note or tag that I can schedule? or just pick from a typical list of notes?
thanks for your help.

sbrown
2006-04-21, 02:21 AM
The keynote is tied to a txt file, you can edit that with word or any text editor to say whatever you want. Then select from your own list.

Wagurto
2006-04-21, 03:46 AM
Thanks Scott. What I can not find who to change or select the list I will create.
I don't want to replace the default one but have the opion to select a different one.
Thanks

Joef
2006-04-21, 04:03 AM
Check the help file for What's new in 9 and you will find a section on keynoting that I think will help. "Adding additional Categories". It shows how to add user keynotes to the standard keynote file. I haven't actually done this myself, but this is where I would start.

Joe

nole
2006-04-21, 04:19 AM
Hi there!
Revit keynotes file lies in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Revit Building 9\Metric (Imperial) Library.