PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD 2007 CUI - Edit any of my toolbars causes Unhandled exception

neil.foden
2006-04-21, 08:09 AM
When i edit any of the toolbars from either my custom CUI or the AutoCAD CUI using the CUI editor in AutoCAD 2007 a pop up window appears telling me an Unhandled exception has occurred.

The Details vary from toolbar to toolbar, but the main header reads

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. See the end of this message for details.

and the footer

************** JIT Debugging **************
Application does not support Windows Forms just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. Contact the application author for more
information.

I have done a reinstall/repair of my installation, but the error still appears.
Has any one else had this problem, and even more importantly does anyone know how to cure it?

I have attached a txt file listing the detail from one of the toolbars if anyone can make sense of it.

Neil

Mike.Perry
2006-04-23, 05:56 PM
Hi Neil

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=342) forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

.T.
2006-04-24, 05:16 PM
Hi Neil,

What version of .NET are you running, 1.1 or 2.0, or both? There have been instances where 2.0 causes problems.

HTH,

rkmcswain
2006-04-24, 05:44 PM
Also, does this happen with the bond stock "acad.cui" (in other words, you haven't modified it, right?)

RobertB
2006-04-25, 01:26 AM
What is the structure of your cui files, BTW? What is main, enterprise, and partial (and partial to which)?

neil.foden
2006-04-25, 07:31 AM
Hi

The version of .Net i am running is 2.0
The acad.CUI is unmodified.
I have the acad CUI set as the Enterprise CUI, and the company CUI set as the main CUI.
I don't know what you mean by BTW.

I have the same setup under AutoCAD 2006 and this still works.
I assume that something must have been corrupted within 2007, since it was working when i first installed it.

Unless one of you comes up with something less radical, I'll uninstall and reinstall the program, when i get a bit of time.

Thanks for the help so far

Neil

jpaulsen
2006-04-26, 04:35 PM
BTW = By the way.

jabamax
2006-08-25, 03:25 AM
I am having the same problem on multiple machines. I have the custom.cui as the main & our company one as the enterprise. All partial menus are loaded into the custom.cui. Being the CAD manager, I cant edit our company menus due to this error. I have just installed 2007 SP1 to see if that helps and it doesnt.
Can anyone please help.
Thanks

thomas.stright
2006-08-25, 10:24 AM
I have just installed 2007 SP1 to see if that helps and it doesnt.There's nothing in the readme that says the service pack fixes anything with the cui.