PDA

View Full Version : Stepped Brick Ledges

Doug
2003-06-02, 08:08 PM
How are you showing stepped brickledges on elevations? Painting brick pattern on a basement wall?

beegee
2003-06-02, 09:28 PM
Doug,

You can either use sweeps, or split the wall in elevation and paint on the brick material. Depends what you want to achieve, - use sweeps if you want to see the brick detail in the model. If its just for CDs, use split + paint.

beegee

sbrown
2003-06-03, 03:11 PM
No, no, no, Revit has this capability. do the compound wall tutorial for 5.0-5.1

you can unlock the bot. of your brick veneer and airspace and sheathing if you want, then in section you can stretch them down as far as you want creating your brick ledge. then you join that with you foundation wall and done, real modeled brick ledge.

beegee
2003-06-03, 09:30 PM
you can unlock the bot. of your brick veneer and airspace and sheathing if you want, then in section you can stretch them down as far as you want creating your brick ledge. then you join that with you foundation wall and done, real modeled brick ledge.

Sure,

but that will produce a ledge for the entire length of the wall. If you only need a certain length in a particular area, say under a window or door, you would use a sweep. If the detail only appears on CDs in one or two instances, you might want to use the split and paint method.
Thats the beaty of Revit, so much to choose from. :)

beegee

aaronrumple
2003-06-04, 01:56 PM
I've doone some playing with this and for complex steps prefer to have a foundation wall, stem wall, brick ledge wall and wall/wall. I've attached a file as an example.

Doug
2003-06-04, 02:44 PM
Thanks for all the help!!! Rvit offers so many ways to do things. Arron... tyhat is what I was looking for the model...but I have a few mor steps... think I'll do some planting to hide it... I did a region fill for the CD's that was just too easy!