PDA

View Full Version : dimensioning ceiling heights on elevations

Michelle Gibson
2006-04-21, 04:01 PM
I want to dimension ceiling heights on my interior room elevations. The scope box (if that is the correct word) has defaulted to my interior wall, floor and ceiling finishes, which is perfect. Except that on some (and not all) of my elevations, I can only dimension a vertical ceiling height if I move the scope box off of the finish. If I then place the dimension, then move the scope box back onto the line, the dimension disappears.

why...

christo4robin
2006-04-21, 04:50 PM
Michelle,

Our practice with interior elevations is to move the scope box outward (say halfay into the wall structure, floor structure, ceiling structure), then add a donut white filled region (made with heavy lines on the inside of the donut, aligned with wall finish, ceiling finish, and floor finish, and made with invisible lines on the outside of the donut). Thus we get the heavy line we like to see, we can trace unususual shapes (such as sloping ceilings, light coves, etc.), and we can dimension to all the finish surfaces with no problem. It adds one extra step, but the graphic and annotation benefits are worth it to us.