PDA

View Full Version : Revit 9.0 PDF Version of Users Guide

narlee
2006-04-23, 12:41 AM
It doesn't seem to be on the Autodesk website. Anyone see it?

blads
2006-04-23, 01:03 AM
I have 3 PDF's on Revit 9 titled...

What's New in Revit Building 9 (2.1Mb)
Revit Building 9 (2.3 Mb)
Revit Building 9 - Q&A (78kb)
I can email them to you if interested...

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-04-23, 01:07 AM
I can't seem to find it either. I assume you haven't received your disk yet? I'm sure it will be included there. The pdf's listed by Bill are available of the site and are more advertising and promo type stuff.

narlee
2006-04-23, 01:15 AM
I have the disks, but I don't see a PDF version of the 9.0 User's Guide. FYI, the 8.0 and 8.1 versions were each about 7mb big and downloadable from the website. They're useful because you can print it more easily than off the help file in the program itself.

trombe
2006-04-23, 08:11 AM
Hi,

RB PDFs -
RB 9.0 User Guide (Building A4ENU) 10.5 Mb
RB 9.0 Tutorial 16.2 Mb
RB 9.0 GS (getting started)

All found in Revit Program folder

trombe

narlee
2006-04-23, 12:06 PM
Doh!?*(&*(&

Thanks!

Phil Palmer
2006-04-24, 11:16 AM
Strange hey !
Autodesk preach the DWF gospel to us all and THEN produce the revit documentation in PDF.
Autocad2007 has PDF built into it - I wish they would make up their minds.

greg.mcdowell
2006-04-24, 02:29 PM
Why is this strange?

I don't think I've ever seen anything put out by Autodesk saying that DWF is superior to PDF for documents like this... what I have seen them say is that DWF is better for large scale vector printing like what we Architects produce... and I completely agree.

There's only one thing they need to do... make the DWF Viewer installable WITHOUT Administrator rights being necessary. It prevents too many corporate and state offices from installing the viewer and, since PDF is pretty much ubiquitous <cough>monopoly?<cough> thats what we end up needing much of the time.

BWG
2006-04-24, 03:06 PM
It is strange because they are trying to get DWF integrated into more programs like word and excel where you would expect to see very little vector - large scale drawings. They even make a statement about saving specifications in DWF format. Why not, it can do it just as easily as PDF.

Lashers
2006-04-24, 03:17 PM
I haven't really played with DWF so should not comment . .but I can't resist!! :-)
I just think that the big boys can't stand it when someone develops a good idea before they did! So, they try to poo poo it and come up with something of their own!

They don't seem to realise that they could all put their cash to better use by having some strategic coordination between their software and things like Acrobat, and concentrating on . .site tools?? heh heh?? or some other core tool for Revit . . I guess a bit like having Accurender in Revit . .although sadly software conflicts with the Autodesk stable have put paid to that!

greg.mcdowell
2006-04-24, 03:20 PM
Well... I guess then maybe they are pushing this for things other than drawings. I hadn't read anything about that. Not sure what to make of it... I do like DWF for large scale drawings though (intelligent redlining tools, insertion of red-lines into AutoCAD or Revit, small size - though I hear that's a myth)