PDA

View Full Version : Blended Mass Work Plane Problem

David J Krope
2006-04-25, 06:11 AM
I have created a canopy using Create Mass/Solid Form/Solid Blend. I then shaped the mass with voids. As the design progressed I created a 20mm roof and wall type "metal panel" and changed the faces of the mass to roof and wall. In effect wrapping the original mass. All went well.

Now the problem. I need to select the top, or bottom, of the canopy for a work plane. I need a work plane so that I can have the exposed steel framing follow the blended shape. I want to use the structural/Beam. The program will not let me select the top or the bottom plane. It will let me select the wall or fascia plane however. What's up?

I am assuming that the created blended shape is not a shape recognized by Revit's work plane. I believe the blended shape to be a straight plane. I may be wrong, it could be a curve, but I do not think so.

I do not wish to create a dump structural component and then set each made component (30) individually. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks

aggockel50321
2006-04-25, 11:37 AM
Can you align/lock a reference plane to the surface you want to select in an elevation view, & then select that reference plane for the work plane?

David J Krope
2006-04-27, 03:33 AM
No I could not align a reference plane. Thanks anyway. The canopy has changed so ..... In 9 I understand we can vary the height of beam ends so ....