PDA

View Full Version : Major new printing improvements in R9

Wes Macaulay
2006-04-25, 09:00 PM
We have a design where a curve-top extruded roof joins a flared mansard roof (think Parisian architecture). In R8.1 elevations would print in raster mode because Revit couldn't vectorize this geometry when printing.

Well in 9.0 it prints entirely as vectors and looks perfect at any zoom scale.

Bring on the lofting tools :mrgreen: ...it's great to see Revit processing complex geometry better and better with each release.

sfaust
2006-04-26, 03:27 PM
Along similar line, I can now export surface patterns on curved elements correctly. That never worked right before!

Teresa.Martin
2006-04-26, 07:56 PM
I concur! The surface pattern issue was one of the annoying things. Go Revit..GO!!!!
Yeah!
Teresa Martin
Ideate

Chad Smith
2006-04-26, 08:44 PM
I have actually found the opposite. What I would normally print as vector I now have to print as raster. This is only happening on a few projects though.

In the attached screenshot you can see that linework has either been omitted from the print altogether, or the materials have overwritten the linework. I must remember to get this off to support today.

Wesley
2006-04-27, 06:36 AM
In the attached screenshot you can see that linework has either been omitted from the print altogether, or the materials have overwritten the linework.

That sure looks like a shaded view (rather than shaded with edges). The linework that IS visible all appears to be in families so might be symbolic lines??

Cheers,
Wesley

gbrowne
2006-04-27, 01:10 PM
I am facing exactly the same problem: Wanting vector for presentation .pdf's, but getting sloppy raster, even when printing at "presentation".

Could somebody please enlighten me as to how to get sharp images?

The plans are sharp, its just the elevs.

Chad Smith
2006-04-27, 08:24 PM
That sure looks like a shaded view (rather than shaded with edges). The linework that IS visible all appears to be in families so might be symbolic lines??It's actually Hidden Line. All missing linework comes from objects and families, no symbolic or detail lines.