PDA

View Full Version : View worksets

crullier
2006-04-25, 09:42 PM
What is the use for view worksets? I noticed that everytime you save to central they automatically become relinquised.....

JamesVan
2006-04-26, 02:09 AM
Ahhhh, you're taking me back to the day when there wasn't such a thing as view worksets. That's right! You remember out there, don't you?...you know who you are.

It was a nightmare. Imagine if you could mistakenly put text and dimensions on the Structures workset? Sure, it happened. We had to create our own worksets for view elements...horror show. Now, the worksets are there because everything in the Revit database has to belong to a workset and since certain things are view specific (text, tags, dimensions, visibility/graphics settings...) Revit does the work in managing it.

Relinquishing on save allows other team members to contribute to the same view while you're working. If you want to have full ownership of a view and prevent others from editing it, open the worksets dialog, check the View Worksets checkbox, find your view and make it editable. Or, right-click on the view in the browser and select Make Workset Editable.

irwin
2006-04-26, 02:56 AM
If you don't want to relinquish them when you save to central, choose Save to Central from the menu rather than using the toolbar icon. In the resulting dialog, uncheck View Worksets.

crullier
2006-04-26, 03:10 AM
so the reason why I would need to check out a VIEW is so that I can work on my CD's w/ out someone else accidentally messing up what im working on? - so once I save to central, if I still want to keep ownership I should go to the file menu, and uncheck relinquish views, rather than just click on the toolbar button?

patricks
2006-05-01, 08:42 PM
you are correct... are you really afraid someone might mess with it, though?

crullier
2006-05-01, 08:56 PM
you are correct... are you really afraid someone might mess with it, though?

well, i guess if I have a CAD underlay and i dont lock the view workset (check out) someone else can open that view and hide that underlay and next time I reload the model its gone... right?