PDA

View Full Version : Is their a Standardize Sheet Numbering System?

interceptor59
2006-04-25, 10:16 PM
Is their a National Cadd standard or AIA standard for the way you number your sheets?

greg.mcdowell
2006-04-25, 11:40 PM
There's a CAD Standard for EVERYTHING!!! You can't escape it!! It comes for you in your sleep and attacks without mercy! It must be stopped! <kidding about that last part>

It's actually a pretty easy system that is way too long to describe here (sorry 'bout that).

phyllisr
2006-04-26, 01:01 AM
Check out the NCS binder (or CD if you have that - I lost ours). Section on Drawing Organization. We use this pretty much exactly as presented in the National CAD Standard V3.1. The only exception is we eliminated the dash. We use A100 instead of A-100.

For Revit, I created a "sheet order" parameter so we could force our G and C series (for example) to be before the A series in the index. If we have a set with general, civil, structural and architectural, we use four numbers. All G sheets are 0, all C sheets are 1, all S sheets are 2 and all A sheets are 3. This is the first field to sort then Discipline and Number. Attached is a clip from my experimenting to see if it would work with a really large set. Left clip is the list I use to edit, right is what appears on the index sheet. I thought about making a template with all 21 subsets (UDS-01.6) but no one ever uses that many anyway. Templates can vary depending on project type.

Hope this helps.

cosmickingpin
2006-04-26, 03:32 AM
There used to be a guideline in the AIA handbook, but it has been a whle since I have seen a recent copy so I am not sure if they still put one out. Don't feel bad about the "their" I often forget to proofread myself.

Oops loks like they do:
http://www.aia.org/SiteObjects/files/bp%2018_05_02.pdf

Is there a National Cadd standard or AIA standard for the way you number your sheets?

david.kingham
2006-04-26, 02:52 PM
Check out the NCS binder (or CD if you have that - I lost ours). Section on Drawing Organization. We use this pretty much exactly as presented in the National CAD Standard V3.1. The only exception is we eliminated the dash. We use A100 instead of A-100.

For Revit, I created a "sheet order" parameter so we could force our G and C series (for example) to be before the A series in the index. If we have a set with general, civil, structural and architectural, we use four numbers. All G sheets are 0, all C sheets are 1, all S sheets are 2 and all A sheets are 3. This is the first field to sort then Discipline and Number. Attached is a clip from my experimenting to see if it would work with a really large set. Left clip is the list I use to edit, right is what appears on the index sheet. I thought about making a template with all 21 subsets (UDS-01.6) but no one ever uses that many anyway. Templates can vary depending on project type.

Hope this helps.
How did you get the heading for each discipline?

phyllisr
2006-04-26, 03:07 PM
How did you get the heading for each discipline?
Magic? (Our servers are named Harry, McGonagall, Moody, etc. Really). Anyway, attached is a screen shot for the list that we use to manage everything (with the seriously creative name Index Manager) and the one that actually appears on the index sheet (with the equally creative name Index).

Hope this helps.