PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Monitor problems

matthewh.104177
2006-04-26, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to coordinate with our structural consultant but am having problems with the copy/monitor tool. I'm using 8.1 so I know I'm limited to grids, levels, and columns.

I'm trying to copy over the column capitals from the linked structure file. The options dialog for copy/monitor allows you to select the new type for capitals under the column tab, but when I try to click to copy them, it selects them but nothing else happens. I'm able to copy and monitor the grids and columns just fine, and I've tried to check any visibility or workset problems.

Any thoughts?

dhurtubise
2006-04-26, 06:19 PM
When you checked Visibility did you make sure that Show Categories from disciplines was check ?

matthewh.104177
2006-04-26, 07:39 PM
Hmmm, thanks, haven't used that before. But it didn't make any difference. The column capitals apparently aren't getting copied over in the first place, even though they're listed in the copy/monitor options and are selectable when in copy mode.

dhurtubise
2006-04-26, 07:41 PM
Did you make sure that structural items where heck to display ?
Also are you running the latest build ?

matthewh.104177
2006-04-27, 01:20 PM
yah, I checked the "show all disciplines" and went through all those. I don't think visibility is the problem though. When I click on the column capitals in copy/monitor copy-mode nothing happens. It works on the columns themselves; a little blue eye appears. I am using 8.1, but column capitals are listed in the copy/monitor options, so its confusing that that they won't copy. It does let me click on them too. I thought maybe I needed to preload the column capital type into my file, which I then did. However, that didn't help any.