PDA

View Full Version : R9 Room Tags Disapearing

dwkma
2006-04-26, 05:18 PM
I upgraded an 8.1 building to v9 and now my room tags aren't showing up on the 1st floor only. They do appear in the basement floor plan. When I try to place another room tag I get the error to that it will not appear in plan view and to check my visibility parameters. I check and room tags are turned on and everything is setup exactly the same as it is for the basement plan.
Has anybody else ran into this problem and can help??

David

Steve Jager
2006-04-26, 05:34 PM
Make sure you have rooms turned on in visibility settings.

dwkma
2006-04-26, 05:37 PM
Rooms, and all sub-categories, is turned on in model categories, and Room tags is turned on in Annotation categories.

lev.lipkin
2006-04-26, 06:00 PM
Maybe top of the rooms are set to small value? Could you post simplified model?

frank.graham
2006-04-28, 02:52 PM
I am having a similar issue but the tag is a "?" I know what is the issue in that the tag is bigger than the room but even when I turn on the leader function I still get the "?".

Also do anybody know how to make the room boundary not automatic. Revit is getting to smart and it dose not see some of the bumps in and out in a wall. It just makes a straight line and goes on.

Steve Cashman
2006-04-28, 03:26 PM
We had a similar issue in converting a Revit 8.1 file to Revit 9 and it was related to Levels and room heights. Some rooms were extending through a floor above. We deleted the rooms and recreated them and it was fine.

We have converted 3 other project with no issues.

dhurtubise
2006-04-28, 04:37 PM
Nice club Frank, i just got mine (G5) :-)

frank.graham
2006-04-28, 04:42 PM
yeah get a hybrid too....

Archman
2006-04-28, 06:22 PM
R9 made some major advancements to rooms. They are now elements. when I upgraded my project, Revit warned me that the room tags may have changed, and encouraged me to check through them to make sure everything was still kosher.

lev.lipkin
2006-04-28, 10:16 PM
I suspect the following is the reason for trouble. Plan Regions are supposed to show only rooms which they cut with their cut plane.

Currently (to be corrected in future releases) rooms which have lower limit above cut plane of the plan region, but below top plane could be shown too. They could not be tagged however.

Imagine you have rooms on Level 1 and Level 2, rooms on Level 1 have upper limit at Level 2, and plan region has cut plane at Level 2 minus 2'. In this case tagging is allowed for rooms at Level 1, not rooms at Level 2 inside Plan Region. If there are no rooms defined at Level 1, there is nothing to tag.

I hope this explains your problem.

davidcobi
2006-04-29, 12:11 AM
lev, we ran into this too. You can't just set your cutting plane above the rooms lower limit and expect the tag to work either. You have to delete the tag and put it back in again to get the room name and number to display properly.

SalubraSubaru
2006-06-05, 09:16 PM
I suspect the following is the reason for trouble. Plan Regions are supposed to show only rooms which they cut with their cut plane.

Currently (to be corrected in future releases) rooms which have lower limit above cut plane of the plan region, but below top plane could be shown too. They could not be tagged however.

Imagine you have rooms on Level 1 and Level 2, rooms on Level 1 have upper limit at Level 2, and plan region has cut plane at Level 2 minus 2'. In this case tagging is allowed for rooms at Level 1, not rooms at Level 2 inside Plan Region. If there are no rooms defined at Level 1, there is nothing to tag.

I hope this explains your problem.

I'm very new to Revit so I hope I can explain this correctly. I have a similar situation where I need two different Levels to show up in one Floor Plan view. I have created a Plan Region for the part of the building which is on a lower level so that I can set the View Range to that level, however I am experiencing the problem that only level one can be tagged (not the lower level). Should I create room boundaries for that lower level on the level higher and then place a leader down to the lower level, or is there a better way to go about this.

davidcobi
2006-06-05, 11:31 PM
Rooms ignore plan region cut planes. You have to set the cut plane of the view itself so that it cuts through the volumes of all of the rooms you want to tag. THEN go in and add plan regions to get your doors and windows to cut properly.

Read this thread
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39729&highlight=rooms+plan+region

SalubraSubaru
2006-06-06, 03:27 PM
Rooms ignore plan region cut planes. You have to set the cut plane of the view itself so that it cuts through the volumes of all of the rooms you want to tag. THEN go in and add plan regions to get your doors and windows to cut properly.

Read this thread
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=39729&highlight=rooms+plan+region

Thanks for your help David. I understand what you are saying about the cut plane in the global view having to cut through all volumes at both levels, but my cut plane is cutting through both volumes and still the room tags on the lower level do not want to appear in the upper level view. Is there something you can think of that I may not be doing?

SalubraSubaru
2006-06-06, 03:37 PM
nevermind....for some reason I've gotten the tags to show up now. Well again thanks so much for your help David.
-Julie

brd
2006-06-06, 03:53 PM
Rooms and room tags are now entirely different objects and act differently in Revit 9. Your rooms can be placed on worksets now, and it tooks us a while to figure out why all of our rooms weren't showing up. We've since created a workset for Rooms. In the old Revit days, Room Tags were all you needed to label a room and those went by default to the view's workset, they don't do that anymore. I also found out that hard way that rooms have volume now, so you have to set the height of a room. We have some large atrium spaces in one project of ours and I couldn't figure out why room tags weren't showing up on the higher level. If you have floor level A at 0 feet elevation, and floor level B at 5 feet elevation, and both have the same roof at 20 feet elevation, then the rooms on level A should have a height of 20' and rooms on level B should have a height of 15', they don't necessarily default to that. So if rooms or tags aren't showing up, it probably means the top height of your room is below the cut plane of your level.