PDA

View Full Version : I can't see sketch lines in my Section view - WHY?

bim3d
2006-04-26, 06:04 PM
I'm trying to sketch a sweep profile in my Section view. I get the warning - "nothing visible in this view - check Active View ....". But I tried to turn on everything in the Visibility Graphics dialogue. Did I miss something?

Curiously, if i drew the profile in one of my 3D views, it showed-up in the Section View. Why can't I draw it directly in the Section View?

aggockel50321
2006-04-26, 06:43 PM
It's a view range issue. The profile plane does not fall within the section's view range.

Go to aa 3d view, & you'll see where the crosshairs of the profile plane resides in the model.

bim3d
2006-04-26, 07:12 PM
It's a view range issue. The profile plane does not fall within the section's view range.

Go to aa 3d view, & you'll see where the crosshairs of the profile plane resides in the model.

Thanks. My Section cut-plane is where my SWEEP Path starts, and I do see the Cross-hair and the Red dot in my Section View. When I click "SKETCH PROFILE", it give me a list of views to choose to work in, which include the Section View.

Any other idea?

Wes Macaulay
2006-04-26, 07:36 PM
Try working in a 3D view. It's possible that the sweep plane and view plane aren't parallel -- in which case Revit will ask you to choose a view that is parallel, or a 3D view instead.

aggockel50321
2006-04-26, 07:39 PM
Sounds like it's still a view range issue.

Try going to the 3d view, & under the view tab select orient, by profile plane, and you'll be able to sketch there.

Oops, Wes beat me. I think he has the correct reason why you can't sketch there...

bim3d
2006-04-26, 09:41 PM
Sounds like it's still a view range issue.

Try going to the 3d view, & under the view tab select orient, by profile plane, and you'll be able to sketch there.

Oops, Wes beat me. I think he has the correct reason why you can't sketch there...

Wow! I never know you could "orient" a 3D View by "Profile Plane". My problem is solved. Thanks a lot! GO REVIT!