PDA

View Full Version : Joining slab edge to slab?

patricks
2006-04-26, 10:09 PM
It seems like I remember that this used to work in previous versions, but not in v8 and newer. I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to place a floor slab sweep along the edge of my floor slab, set to the same material as the slab, and then do a join geometry to make it look like all one piece. Now, however, I can't seem to get it to join like I want. If I move the slab edge up into the slab, the slab edge cuts the overlapping portion out of the slab, and there is still a line between the elements when viewed in section or 3D, etc. Is there some way to make this show properly?

tomm
2006-04-27, 01:03 PM
I have been doing just that in Revit 8, and 8.1 and it works fine. The only time I run into problems is if the two parts to be joined are even slightly different materials.

patricks
2006-04-27, 01:37 PM
ah nevermind... somehow my slab got set to Cast-in Place Lightweight Concrete instead of regular Cast-in Place... when I was editing the floor structure I couldn't see the whole field for material and assumed it was correct. I changed it and it works fine. :)