PDA

View Full Version : Sloped Glazing - offset

dfriesen
2006-04-27, 06:59 PM
Why is it that when I create a Sloped Glazing by extrusion, that the centreline of the assembly is offset by 4"? Can anyone explain to me what the logic is?

(The attached image was created from the default template, using default mullions and panels)

Merlin
2006-04-28, 04:56 AM
Hi,
A few things spring to mind without see it firsthand....Is it that you need to set a reference plane at that location?........Are you making a family with that?
John Mc

dfriesen
2006-04-28, 02:38 PM
Hi,
A few things spring to mind without see it firsthand....Is it that you need to set a reference plane at that location?........Are you making a family with that?
It's just that it's very awkward having to always draw the sketch line 4" away from where I actually want the sloped glazing to be. I'm not making a family, it's just a sloped glazing in a project.

Wes Macaulay
2006-04-28, 03:24 PM
Is this because the panel family has an offset? I know the System Panel - Glazing panel has an offset of 1.5" OOTB...

dfriesen
2006-04-28, 04:37 PM
Is this because the panel family has an offset? I know the System Panel - Glazing panel has an offset of 1.5" OOTB...
In the left image I posted, the dashed lines appear when I select the object - the upper line is where the sketch is, and the lower line is the centerline of the roof. The system panel is offset from that centerline. So, in order for me to place the sloped glazing where I want, I have to take into account several offsets. Weird.