PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing stair arrow?

patricks
2006-04-27, 10:20 PM
I have a monolithic stair that had a Down arrow and the DN text showing in plan, but then I had to edit the stair, and the arrow no longer displays. The DN text is still there. The stair has the Down arrow checked in its instance properties, and the view also has stair down arrows turned on under Visibility settings, so I can't understand why it's not showing up. Even if I create a new stair it won't show up.

iru69
2006-04-28, 12:53 AM
Too many variables to really know for sure what's going on with your specific issue, but as has been discussed a number of times, the auto stair text just doesn't work very well in general, especially after a stair has been edited. I've given up on them and put the text and arrows in using annotion... a drag, but ends up much faster than constantly troubleshooting a feature that's broken. Just my 2 cents.

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-28, 02:27 AM
Stairs that use RUN will show arrows but those made with RISE and BOUNDARY without RUN will not.

patricks
2006-04-28, 01:25 PM
Stairs that use RUN will show arrows but those made with RISE and BOUNDARY without RUN will not.

The stair was made using the run tool, still no arrow.

Steve_Stafford
2006-04-28, 04:09 PM
visibility/graphics override? When you create a new stair from scratch, no arrow? Sounds like the arrow sub-category is off in the view.

Archman
2006-04-28, 06:17 PM
Steve,

We have seen the same behavior for some time now. The arrow will show up after sketching a stair with the run option as you said. But, when we edit the sketch of that stair later, the arrow no longer displays, or sometimes it displays in the wrong place. I, too have resorted to turning the arrows and text off in visibility/graphics and placing my own text and arrows on the floor plans.