PDA

View Full Version : Boolean Object Data Type

trconnet
2006-05-01, 03:46 PM
Description: At present, Object data types can be set as Integer, Character, Point or Real. I would like the option of a Boolean or True/False data type. In the interest of keeping the size of object data to minimum and maybe increasing various processes like exporting. When Boolean database fields are read from an Access database, they are read as 1 or 0. Yes, setting the field to integer would work, but the field is not limited to 1 or 0.

How Used: It simplifies database searches. Is a parcel in a subdivision? yes or no.
Is it in a floodplain? Is it in City? ...

Feature Affinity: Autocad Map/ Object Data/ Type

Jmurphy
2006-05-02, 01:07 PM
Description: At present, Object data types can be set as Integer, Character, Point or Real. I would like the option of a Boolean or True/False data type. In the interest of keeping the size of object data to minimum and maybe increasing various processes like exporting. When Boolean database fields are read from an Access database, they are read as 1 or 0. Yes, setting the field to integer would work, but the field is not limited to 1 or 0.

How Used: It simplifies database searches. Is a parcel in a subdivision? yes or no.
Is it in a floodplain? Is it in City? ...

Feature Affinity: Autocad Map/ Object Data/ TypeI agree and also a "Date" type. Would make it easier to track inspections/maintenance dates and do searches based on between dates. Again the inter type would work with Julian dates but those are hard to read to the normal user.

trconnet
2006-05-05, 09:03 PM
On the topic of adding data types, I really would get a kick of having a hyperlink data type. I create a lot of Access hyperlink databases and would like to be able to directly import my database hyperlink to a "hyperlink data type". I will potentially in the future be attaching thousands of as-built drawings to water, sewer and valve features. I will probably just have it attached to the Access database and open the database to run the hyperlinks. This leads to another wishlist feature. Could hyperlinks fields in the data view work like the hyperlink fields in a database. Please let me know if this has been implemented in 2007(Data Access Capabilities). I will be installing it soon.