PDA

View Full Version : LIGHT FIXTURE

jwilhelm
2004-05-22, 06:07 PM
I have created a directional recessed can light fixture and created a "plan" symbol" using symbolic lines within the fixture that will show up on the electrical plan, however there appears to be no option for creating a filled region in this mode. How how can I create a filled region in this mode? I tried bringing in a symbol but it comes in huge. any ideas?

aggockel50321
2004-05-22, 08:25 PM
Try this...

Do your filled region in a separate detail componet family, matching it's size & shape to your fixture, or to whatever size you want.

Open your light fixture, load the detail compoent family, & place it where you want it.

If you want it to show in a plan view. You'll probably have to go to an elevation view of the lighting family, and draw an invisible line from the fixture down to the level below...

jwilhelm
2004-05-22, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I seem to get the same result, when I load the detail componnt into the light fixture it comes in huge, even though I created it the same size as the fixture drawing, I dont get it

jwilhelm
2004-05-22, 10:27 PM
sorry, your suggestion did work after all, I just needed to load in the "detail component" not the symbol. thanks a lot