PDA

View Full Version : Color Filled Region on Titlesheet

Michael Coviello
2006-05-01, 06:57 PM
Is there a way to add a background color to my titleblock in such a way that when a view is placed on the sheet, that views background is opaque so the color doesn't come through?

Michael Coviello
2006-05-02, 01:02 PM
anyone?? let me know if this is clear.....
thanks.

frame
2006-05-02, 08:52 PM
Only workaround that I am aware of:
Make a solid color JPEG and then import that into your sheet view in the project.
Uncheck the Constrain Proportions option, and stretch your image to fit.
Not ideal, but a start.

Michael Coviello
2006-05-02, 11:05 PM
thanks,
the intent is for a color presentation board. I'm considering exporting the view as pdf to pagemaker or other software for this purpose.

SCShell
2006-05-03, 01:16 PM
Hey there,

Just a thought. I don't know if this will work; however, I know that imported dwg files give you the control to move them from the foreground to the background (unlike imported raster images like jpg or bmp file). Maybe you could create a sheet sized color fill and export to it to dwg and them import it back into Revit while in a view file.
Just thinking out loud. Good Luck
Steve

Michael Coviello
2006-05-03, 06:57 PM
Thanks Steve,
Good idea but it did not work. Not a major problem, but just something i thought revit would be able to do easily.

Bryan Sutton
2006-05-05, 01:34 AM
Couldnt you just create a drafting view with the color fill you want, put it on your sheet and resize it to fill the area you want colored? When you drop a view on the sheet just activate and edit your BG color fill and cut out the portion that obscures your view.
cheers
Bryan Sutton

Shaun v Rooyen
2006-05-05, 07:21 AM
Couldn't you just create a drafting view with the color fill you want, put it on your sheet and resize it to fill the area you want colored? When you drop a view on the sheet just activate and edit your BG color fill and cut out the portion that obscures your view.
cheers
Bryan Sutton

Bryan is on the money. You dont have to cut out the fill, the order the views are placed, is the draw order, so if you first place the drafting view any view thereafter would be on top.

I think this is what you are looking for Michael C

Michael Coviello
2006-05-05, 12:57 PM
This is great. so much better than what i was doing.
the view is on top, the walls etc punch through the color, but i'd like the background of the view-( the rectangular crop region) to be white.
is that possible?