PDA

View Full Version : keyed notes

its.jason
2006-05-01, 07:54 PM
Hi,

I'm currently using Revit 8.1 and wondering if there is a way to create smart keyed notes. Basically, can I create an annotation symbol and a parameter (a number) relate back to a legend describing what that number is pointing to. I have searched the forums and all I've found are key notes relating to specs/descriptions.

For example if I have note 1 reading window, note 2 reading special door and note 3 reading wood door. Somewhere along the project there are no more special doors. I want to delete note 2. That causes note 3 to move up and become note 2. I want the annotation symbol to change as I change the legend of notes. Is this possible?

Take a look at the attached picture for a clearer idea.

its.jason
2006-05-02, 01:25 PM
Never mind. I figured it out.

Lemons
2006-05-02, 01:45 PM
Never mind. I figured it out.share the solution???

peter.lagomarsino
2007-07-03, 07:38 AM
Yes share your solution. I would also like something similar or at least something without the condoc style "7400" "8300" which really crowds the notes. Just a number 2 or 5 or 10 with a simple hexagon that links to a list.

Scott D Davis
2007-07-03, 02:11 PM
Yes share your solution. I would also like something similar or at least something without the condoc style "7400" "8300" which really crowds the notes. Just a number 2 or 5 or 10 with a simple hexagon that links to a list.
Make a new keynotes TXT file (save the original one in another folder or reaname it) and make the notes go 1, 2, 3, etc rather than the CSI numbering that comes with Revit. Type in whatever text you want for each number. Make a custom keynote tag that is a hexagon rather than the OOTB keynote tag. You are now keynoting to whatever number/note system you'd like.

If you build this into your template, the notes will always be consistent from project, and the items will already have their number assigned to them.

peter.lagomarsino
2007-07-28, 12:25 PM
Thanks I figured the notes out. Have a few more issues.
Can you help me with them?

1 We created plan details on top of the overall plan. About 20 of them. I linked in the file to a drafting view. Then tried to place cuts to make details of each one. How do I link the autocad file of ALL the plan details that he just created. Everytime I try to cut a detail on the drafting view that I brought his details in on, it says cant place an empty view? Do I have to bring in each detail one at a time? Not sure why the autocad data doesn't show up in the detail cuts I place on the view. Its as though the data in the drafting view doesnt show up in the cut because it won't nest (Whats up with that?) The details are already drawn and keyed noted, so we don't have to deal with the intelligent nature of the keyed notes requiring a spec section and all. I just want to create the cuts and have Revit manage the numbering and views since this is automated? I did all my detailing with keyed notes for my wall sections so I get the whole keyed note thing but don't get the lack of "nesting" of data from one view to the next level down.

2 I had this same problem with embellishing my primative generated wall sections. I placed all the detailed drafting data in the wall sections, CMU, insulation brick ties etc etc, and, of course this data doesn't appear in the details, but has to be cut an pasted into each detail? Thats like twice as much work as autocad in which you embellish the building section, then cut a view port for the wall section, then a cut for the detail view for the top of wall, sills heads etc etc. All the embellishment has to be changed in only one place in autocad and in three places in Revit? Why don't those embellished detail elements appear in the details that are cut. Its just not worth detailing in Revit if you have to change things in two places? Big waste of time.

3 Is there anyway to make the materials of the boundaries of a room, ie in the wall definitions of the wall's materials to appear automatically in the room finish schedule. I had to select all the rooms and type in a default and then edit out the exceptions. This seems really primitive for an alledged database program. Surely that data should be extractable into the N S E W columns of a room schedule without having to be inputted. If I define a cleanroom wall as having a finish of "CRP" those letters should be able to automatically be assigned to the finishes of a CR wall and correspondingle be generated into the room finish schedule. I shouldn't be massing the majority and manually editing the exceptions. either I am missing something or this programs has many wholes.

Can anyone help me with these?
thanks
Peter Lagomarsino RA
C2M Hill Dublin Office