PDA

View Full Version : Show Hidden Lines and Shadows

Mr Spot
2006-05-02, 03:38 AM
Has anyone else noticed when using the show hidden lines tool, if you turn on advanced model graphics shadows the hidden lines disappear. I've found i have to use the linework tool in order to get these lines to remain...

nole
2006-05-02, 05:59 AM
Hi there!
I've cleared for myself that Show/Remove Hidden Lines tool is for 2D purposes, not 3D.
I know that because the first view where I've tried to apply that tool was 3D.

Mr Spot
2006-05-03, 04:23 AM
It is a 2D view. We typical turn shadows on elevations in order to give them some depth...

Joef
2006-05-03, 05:35 AM
The hidden line tool works in 3d. However as soon as you turn on shadows the hidden lines disappear. You can always trace over the hidden lines with the linework tool and they then stay on in shadows.

You can also change the view to wireframe, trace over the hidden object, then change back to hidden line. The hidden lines will appear on the face of the object that obscures the traced over object. (works with walls anyway) You can even move the object around in 3d and the lines stay in the correct position relative to the obscured object. You don't even need to use the new hidden line tool. Of course to get rid of the hidden lines you need to trace over the lines "By Category". I wonder if this worked in 8.1?

Joe

Mr Spot
2006-05-03, 08:40 AM
Thanks Joe, had already worked that out though. This was more a warning post for those that choose to use the new hidden line tool and then turn on shadows at a later date without rechecking the drawings... very easy to do as you don't expect your hidden lines to disappear.

Cheers :)

Joef
2006-05-03, 01:57 PM
I would appear that I hadn't read your initial post with a decent level of comprehension. Oops. :Oops:

Joe