PDA

View Full Version : Wall corner cleanup default setting...

MattB-1442
2006-05-02, 04:04 PM
Hello all,

I've looked and looked, but I can't find a way to change the default wall corner cleanup from "Butt" to "MITER". Am I missing it somewhere?

Is there a reason for "Butt" to be the default setting?

It's a hassle to go back and manually miter all of the exterior wall corners.

Thanks in advance.

patricks
2006-05-02, 04:26 PM
Miter really only works where both adjacent walls are of the same type. If you ever have 2 dissimilar walls that are adjacent then miter is not going to look right.

I'm pretty sure you can't change the default setting. It works for me most of the time except in just really complicated situations.

Steve_Stafford
2006-05-02, 06:56 PM
No option to change it (default behavior that is). I believe the rationale for butt is to be consistent with construction since it would be a rare occasion to have a mitered framing condition?

MattB-1442
2006-05-02, 08:47 PM
I guess it makes sense from a software-operations standpoint, given that miter doesn't work well in every instance when there is more than one wall type involved - as pointed out above.

I do a lot of custom residential work, so I'll layout the exterior walls, miter the corners where I want them to be, then layout the interior walls. It would be nice to have a toggle for either miter or butt when you're doing a chain of walls.

In my experience, leaving everything "butted" on the exterior walls creates extra lines in the 3D views at the corners - not how it is supposed to appear in reality. It doesn't really have any relation to the actual construction techniques ....