PDA

View Full Version : Earthworks questions

tvanniekerk
2006-05-03, 12:54 PM
Hi All

Q1: Can anyone tell me if one can set a site pad at a slope other than horizontal. It seems to be looking for a refence level, but i cannot get it to refer to anything other than Levels.

Q2: I read in the help that one can get the cut/fill volume of a pad when placed on a graded region. Now, does that mean I must take an existing site toposurface (existing phase), and create a graded region with new points, or can i just copy existing points into graded region to emulate actual site surface. If I do that, I get a zero cut/fill volume for the pads and graded region.

Theo

Wesley
2006-05-03, 01:16 PM
Q1: Unfortunately a pad can only be horizontal, and must be relative to a level line (cannot use named reference planes or the like). More importantly for me, you cannot batter the sides of the pad, to mimic the way these things really are dug or graded.

Q2: to get the cut/fill volume for the pad, you must have a toposurface (presumably based on your original survey) that is set to existing, use the graded region tool on it (remember to turn on the 'copy internal points' button, why this is not set as default, I do NOT understand), and then create the pad relative to the new toposurface (the one in the new construction phase).

Cheers,
Wes