PDA

View Full Version : French Text

richs
2006-05-03, 02:56 PM
We are an english firm working on a french school. The drawings are to have each room labelled in french. Is there away to type with the accents over letters in Revit? The only way I can see to do it is to type each word properly in Microsoft Word and then copy the text, go into Revit, create a text box and paste. This has been working, but I am wondering if there is an easier way. Any suggestions?

dhurtubise
2006-05-03, 03:03 PM
We are an english firm working on a french school. The drawings are to have each room labelled in french. Is there away to type with the accents over letters in Revit? The only way I can see to do it is to type each word properly in Microsoft Word and then copy the text, go into Revit, create a text box and paste. This has been working, but I am wondering if there is an easier way. Any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean by typing the accents over letters. If your font supports TTF then simply use a french keyboard. You just need to figure out where they are on your keyboard. or use the character table

RobG
2006-05-03, 03:15 PM
oooooooo ASCII shortcut time!!!

you could always do what dhurtubise suggested and setup for a french keyboard and try to figure out your english one to type in the right keys. (or buy a bilingual one and it'll have the french and english printed on the keys for you)

and then there's old school ASCII... (doesn't this sound FUN!!!)

http://www.lookuptables.com/extend.gif

there's the chart, hold down ALT and type in the needed code and then release the ALT key and "voila!" you'll have a letter with an accent as needed

sadly i know most of mine by heart.